Motorhome Camping in Kentucky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smickey587

Good evening: New to RV camping (40 ft MH) and was planning to take my first road trip. Wanted to locate something in central Ky. Plans were to use Jeep during the day to visit sights (makers mark etc). Any suggestions?

One of our favorite campgrounds is the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY.  The museums and horse demos are really great.  http://kyhorsepark.com/

After reading your message I check in with rvparkreviews.com.  I was surprised and saddened by some of the responses.  Perhaps they just didn't pay attention to upkeep since we last visited in 2006.  Sad.  Even if the campground is no longer up to snuff, the Kentucky Horse Park venues are well worth experiencing. 

This may be further south than you'ver wanting but Cave Country Campground in Cave City, KY would give you Mammoth Cave, National Corvette Museum, Barren River Lake all nearby.  Stephen Foster Story in Bardstown is nice drive. We haven't stayed there because it is close to home.

Shelia

RockyHill said:
This may be further south than you'ver wanting but Cave Country Campground in Cave City, KY would give you Mammoth Cave, National Corvette Museum, Barren River Lake all nearby.

We stayed two nights at Cave City Campground a couple weeks ago, while visiting Mammoth Cave.  Very clean and tidy, mostly pull though camp sites, nice people.  We'd likely stay there again if we get back to the area.

NCsleeves said:
We stayed two nights at Cave City Campground a couple weeks ago, while visiting Mammoth Cave.  Very clean and tidy, mostly pull though camp sites, nice people.  We'd likely stay there again if we get back to the area.

Glad to know it is a good place. 

Shelia

Finally decided on Cummings Ferry Resort. For the most part good reviews and within driving distance of several sights. Will post our thoughts after our visit.

M

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom