Motorhome Insurance in Massachusetts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikem0126

We just purchased our first motorhome, a 2006 Winnebago Sightseer.  We live in Massachusetts.  Does anyone know what insurance companies we can use to insure the RV?  Are there any RV memberships that provide insurance?  Any help is appreciated as well as any information or comments from other Sightseer owners.  Thanks.

Over the last 19 years, we've insured all three of our motohormes through National Interstate. They're not the only RV insurer out there but they've been insuring RVs for a long time and they give us a discount on Coachnet - an emergency roadside service company that specializes in towing/helping RVrs with problems. In addition to getting RV insurance, I'd strongly recommend getting a roadside service policy from Coachnet or other similar provider. Towing one of these things any distance, or having someone respond to an isolated location to change a tire can be expensive.

Kev

We use The Hartford through AARP.  The rates are decent (multi-vehicle discount), but I can't vouch for how they might handle a claim - with the exception of a rock-chipped windshield.  They've done two of those for us with no questions.

Windshields in MA. are pretty much always replaced no question. Doesn't even need to be cracked or chipped. They'll replace a sand blasted windshield on a commuter car. I'm not positive, but, I don't think you even need glass coverage for windshield replacement in MA.. I have Commerce ins., just motorvehicle coverage, with an agreed upon value for collision, and 100-300k extra liability, just under 1k a year.

Bill

I have liberty mutual. Many company's don't write in Ma. They write a regular auto policy. Ma is a tightly managed market. 

From what I've found out there is no "RV" insurance. The MH is an automotive policy , with the accessories covered under your homeowners. I've had MH's insured here since 1988 but only had one claim and that was body damage (don't you just hate those trees that run into the back of you) so have no experience  with the other things.

If you don't get a rate quote from Good sam's Club (National General) you may be passing up a low cost opportunity.

We've got 4 cars and our MH covered for $1400/yr, but that's in PA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom