Motorhome purchase mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RonPatt said:
Where is PM?

I think you've already figured this out, but PM = Private Message.  Those messages can be sent between members, within the forum.  PM's can be checked/read/sent from the "My Messages" link near the top of the page.  You can also send a member a PM using the "speech bubble" icon underneath their username in any post.

Gosh, that rig looks like new, sure is nice.  We will likely keep this one, its old and I LOVE the newer ones but not so sure I want to spend anymore.  This one seems to be fine, at least I sure hope so.

Go and enjoy it!

Thanks for all the posts.  It is a beautiful coach inside and out.  We are picking it up Friday and hopefully heading back
to North Carolina. 

Thanks for all the knowledge that this forum provides to the motorhome owner.  I knew exactly what to look for, but
got caught up in the moment.  Even though I was late in discovering the tire issue, we were able to work something out, so
that it will not be a concern for 7 years or so.  Blessing to everyone.

Looks like it used to have awnings on the right side.

vlady daddy said:
I notice your RV has slide topper awnings on the driver side but none on the passenger side. Any advantage with or without the slide topper awnings ?

topdownman said:
Looks like it used to have awnings on the right side.

Don't know whey pictures were taken without toppers.  They are all on it now.  Got it home yesterday
and everything is working good.  Thanks again for all the advice and comments. 

Glad you got home with no new surprises. You will be finding little things that will kep you busey but that is the nature of the beast. Glad you had a good trip. Where to know?
Bill

It is a beautiful rig Ron. Congratulations. I would suggest that you call Fleetwood directly and find out about those slide toppers. They are there for a reason, to keep water out of the RV. If they are suppose to be there then you better get them installed.

Have you signed up for CoachNet yet? It is a roadside assistance program that many of us here use. It costs $119 a year and well worth the money. I had a 2006 Fleetwood Providence that looks like yours. It was towed once for 20 miles and the tow bill was $1000. We didn't have CoachNet at the time and had to pay cash.

http://www.coach-net.com/

Couple things, Tom, he did write that the toppers are on it.  Coachnet is great, but also be aware that your insurance may cover tows.  I had to be towed from Old Faithful to Idaho Falls.  Distance about 115 miles.  Cost to me, $$$00000  Geico.

The slide toppers just keep debris (leaves and twigs, for example) off the top of the slide. They have nothing to do with keeping water out - water easily blows underneath in a rain storm.

SeilerBird said:
It is a beautiful rig Ron. Congratulations. I would suggest that you call Fleetwood directly and find out about those slide toppers. They are there for a reason, to keep water out of the RV. If they are suppose to be there then you better get them installed.

Have you signed up for CoachNet yet? It is a roadside assistance program that many of us here use. It costs $119 a year and well worth the money. I had a 2006 Fleetwood Providence that looks like yours. It was towed once for 20 miles and the tow bill was $1000. We didn't have CoachNet at the time and had to pay cash.

http://www.coach-net.com/

Toppers are on the rig.  As Gary stated, their main purpose is to keep debris off the top of the slide.  I have been
with CoachNet since my first RV purchase 6 years ago.  I sing their praises with you.

I am glad all worked out for you.  We had a similar situation with our dealer in St Louis in 2011.
I reported the deal here asking folks if they thought it was good,  bad, or so-so.  Most thought I got the short end of the stick, however The key to the deal was they took my rig in on trade.  I was upside down on it and it was an older rig,  but they gave me a good trade-in for it.  I too asked for the age of the tires and they told me upfront that they were 8 year old  Michelin XRV's.  I put the question out here about it and everyone chimed in to get new tires.  Well the best I could do was to get 1K off the prices and I took a chance that they would be O.K. until I could afford new ones.  They lasted a year and in August 2012 I got 6 brand new Toyo's for less than $3000 out the door.  The Michelins had great tread on them but the age scared me and I was planning a trip to upstate NY the next month. So better safe than sorry.  The point is the dealer was willing to work with me and IMHO is one of the better ones that I have dealt with.

Thanks Al, the trade-in is where they had me by the gonads as well.  To be able to sell the unit I would have
had to put a lot of $$$$ in it and I would still have a 1999 coach.  As in most vehicle deals, if the dealer is allowing
you retail for yours, he isn't going to sell his at wholesale. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom