Motorhome size in Canadian Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doctawod

First time posting - my wife and I are looking at getting a Class C and wondering what experiences people have had with camping in Jasper and Banff national parks. We last had a Pleasureway van and could of course camp anywhere and would love that same freedom in a Class C but trying to get the most out of it so want the longest rv we can get. Anybody have experience camping with anything around 30’ in the smaller campgrounds on the Banff-Jasper highway? I’m thinking Honeymoon Lake, Kerkeslin, Waterfowl Lakes, etc.

I have a 32' Class C and had made reservations in several of the national parks in that area, but unfortunately got cancelled because of COVID. But no problem finding spaces to fit my rig.

I also have had very, very little problems easily finding big enough spots in national and state parks in the U.S. in spite of all the stuff posted about this. (I have been full-timing for 10 years and 172,000 miles, and almost entirely stay in state and federal campgrounds, so I have had a lot of experience in such places.)

We've hired 30' A class a couple of times and had no issues at Tunnel Mountain, Mosquito creek, Ramparts creek, and Whistlers at Jasper.

I have a 32' Class C and had made reservations in several of the national parks in that area, but unfortunately got cancelled because of COVID. But no problem finding spaces to fit my rig.

I also have had very, very little problems easily finding big enough spots in national and state parks in the U.S. in spite of all the stuff posted about this. (I have been full-timing for 10 years and 172,000 miles, and almost entirely stay in state and federal campgrounds, so I have had a lot of experience in such places.)
Thank you! Sounds like you know your stuff. That’s really encouraging :)

We've hired 30' A class a couple of times and had no issues at Tunnel Mountain, Mosquito creek, Ramparts creek, and Whistlers at Jasper.
Thanks Tony! All those do accommodate the bigger rigs. The campgrounds I mentioned ‘recommend’ nothing bigger than 27’ but hoping we would be OK with 29-30’.

This is a typical provincial park or national park site in our experience. Our tesla and T@B combo is about 34 feet long. So a 30 foot C should be no problem.

11EE1B2E-E50A-4FF6-9732-DD68815489D1.jpeg

Here’s another site. Also a provincial park. Lots of room for a 30 footer. Most sites are at least this big.

D9EB56A7-542C-4518-8677-FD4E3FD7CD83.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom