Motosat Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gypsy-jim

We have a Nomad 2 with the MHDTV (3 LNB) setup for DirecTV.  It has died in that it comes up with Lock Flashing "No Satellite Found".  I called technical support  and was told a connection came lose.  Well today in beautiful Leeds, ND I climbed up on the roof and found everything as it should be and as it was installed 2 years ago (also checked inside no problem).  Thought since it was Saturday and I have to wait until Monday to call technical support I would try the group that always seems to have an answer for me.  While we are definitely enjoying or trip across Route 2 on our way to Seattle we would like "some" TV.    They also told me to eliminate the cable by hard wiring with a new cable from the dish to their box but I need to buy the cable (maybe tomorrow). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jim & Viv

Did you take connections apart and re-connect them?  Often a connection may LOOK secure but be bad.

Another possible issue is a coax fitting.. If they are the standard, factory supplied, Crimp On connectors.. The often crimp off and fail to make contact,  but they will still look good less you test them.  At least sometimes (Last one of those that came apart on me came WAY apart so It was clear)

Also check the connections on the 9 pin green plug on back of the nomad and make sure they are good & tight.

Do a test dish.  Turn the NOMAD 2 on and then hold the FIND and STOW buttons for ten seconds, then release both buttons.  After the dish finishes its test dish sequence and folds back down press the FIND button and see if it will find the satellites okay.

JerryF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KEC
Back
Top Bottom