Mounting a Rear Camera

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OnSabbatical

I'm planning to get a rear-camera for my fifth wheel now on order. I was thinking a Voyager Wireless. 
But my question is, is this something I can mount pretty easily myself or will I want an RV shop to do it?

OnSabbatical said:
I'm planning to get a rear-camera for my fifth wheel now on order. I was thinking a Voyager Wireless. 
But my question is, is this something I can mount pretty easily myself or will I want an RV shop to do it?

There's a guy on the Forum that mounted his with a clamp on the rear window valance and found a power source from one of the 12 volt reading lights right there. Hopefully he's reading this and will post his pictures again. I'll try and find the post.

I am a bit of a "handy man" so I went ahead and wired mine myself. :)

The hardest part was drilling a hole in the back wall of the RV. Not physically hard, psychologically hard. :eek:

I had to measure six or seven times, stop and look again, and FINALLY...  drill.  :-\

Two screws hold the camera in place. Lots of caulking keeps water out. Wire came in inside an overhead cabinet that had reading lamps on it. Spliced into 12V and it works! 8)

Thinking about it... the reason RV shops can do these things so easily is...  it's not their RV. They can just pick up a drill and...  :-\

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom