MOVING TO CA / RV LIVING / HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's really good news!  Thanks for letting us worry warts know.  ;D  ...Margi

I don't know that I'd even consider 1 A/C unit out here, especially for little or no price difference. Plus, with 2 A/C units you should be getting a full 50A service instead of 30A, and if they're generator equipped, you should get 5500W with 2 AC vs 4000W for 1.

garyb1st said:
The park also will not allow anyone to stay for more than 7 months.  Keep that in mind when checking any of the parks.  It might have been a local issue, but at least check.   

Actually, it's a California statewide issue.  They treat RV parks the same as renting a motel room or an apartment.  The longer you're there, the more rights you have and the longer it takes for the park to force you out if there's a problem, including non-payment of rent.

The final stage kicks in at 9 months, after that the park has to go through a full eviction process including sheriff's notices, court appearances, etc. which can drag on for several months.

Most if not all long term RV parks in the state have procedures to ensure you don't graduate to the status of a permant resident.  Usually it involves leaving the park after 6 or 7 months, then re-entering under a new lease.  The time out may be for a day or two, or in the case of one park in L.A. where I lived for 5 years, simply exiting the park, driving around the block and re-entering.  Or signing a statement that you did that before signing the new 6 month lease.  ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom