Mpg for Class A and Class C diesel rvs stated somewhere on the web?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my 69 years of life I've owned airplanes,(many) houses,(many) motorcycles,(many) boats,(many) businesses,(many) race cars,(many) motorhomes,(many) and all that time I've always seen someone with a better one. But,  while going down the road, no one is having more fun than me.>>>Dan ;D 8)

I have a 38ft class A gas, gets 6.5 to about 8 mpg pulling my wrangler 4dr. Speed, wind, hills play a big roll in mpg thus the big variation in mpg. My MPG is within .5 mpg going 55 or 65 mph & I think the Allison 6spd trans helps a lot there. When I was RV shopping last summer I drove a providence 39s which was in rough condition but went down the road much better then a gasser. My worry was maintenance costs & having to buy used DP vs new Gas. So better interest rates on new we went that route.... we figured we will also only put 5K miles or so a year on the RV which also made us look at gas.

I do always talk to DP owners when out camping & most seem to state they get around 8 mph on their 38-40ish foot RV with the 43-45ft ones getting 7-8mph.

I would mostly look at the floor plan you want (which was another reason we purchased the RV we did) & let that decide for you. A 31ft class C doesn't have close to the room of a 31ft class A. You loose 5-7 feet due to the hood & all that stuff which is all living space in the class A.
That was super helpful...the info regarding an A vs. a C. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GandalfTheGrey
Back
Top Bottom