Music on the road sans RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aye Larry, the best $60 I've spent on polycarbonate lenses, and $84 for titantium 'flex' frames was also a good deal. I (or the vision insurance) used to pay $750-$850 for bifocals 15+ years ago. Equivalent glasses in Los Algodones, MX cost me half of that.

What blew me away was the fast turnaround at WM; Ordered Thursday and picked up Monday. The WM folks told me they don't have a 'local' lab (we're currently in OH), and their nearest lab is in TX. Even the folks in Los Algodones can't match that; Their (MX) plastic lenses are turned around in an hour, but polycarbonate lenses are processed in their San Diego lab and take a week (or more).

[quote author=8Muddypaws]I have a vested interest ... For myself and for one of my band mates.  He works from sheets and his eyes are getting pretty bad ...  I'll probably do the same soon.[/quote]

Russ, just curious if you &/or you buddy bought "music-specific" single lens glasses, and how they worked out.

I really like not having to sit or stand "close" to my music stand (or even a fixed distance from it), and especially like not having to worry about re-focusing when switching between looking up and looking down to the lead sheet.

When I go to get a prescription for glasses, I take along a tape measure, in case the optometrist doesn't have one.  I make sure he understands that my music stand is exactly 27 inches from my nose, and the focus is critical.  I have learned the hard way.  They are accustomed to accommodating for book reading and computer monitors, but music stands are not as common in their experience.

I'm still using drug store readers.  I don't refer to the fake sheet that much unless it's something new or one we haven't done in a couple years.

[quote author=Dan de La Mesa]... I take along a tape measure...[/quote]

I took along my tape measure and my music stand  ;D

Back
Top Bottom