My AC keeps tripping. I need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christow19

I have a Carrier Air V unit (Cool only) and it keeps tripping out. When it does so, it flashes the green light 5 times. I’ve undone the cover and unhooked all power (red power light inside turns off) and let it sit before reconnecting. This resolves the issue but only for a few minutes. It then trips again. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_3196.jpeg
    IMG_3196.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 12
check the voltage going to the unit. low volts means higher current which can cause nuisance trips. if you can turn off any other loads on the feedline to the AC unit do that. if problem goes away you know it's a low voltage problem.

I have a Carrier Air V unit (Cool only) and it keeps tripping out. When it does so, it flashes the green light 5 times. I’ve undone the cover and unhooked all power (red power light inside turns off) and let it sit before reconnecting. This resolves the issue but only for a few minutes. It then trips again. Any ideas?
Those exterior grill vanes are really dirty. It could be as simple as your filter is clogged and the unit is having trouble drawing/pushing air.

Carrier does not include blink codes in their service manuals. They are also no longer in the RV business.

Given the age of your unit good chance its toast but if you can monitor current to it Turn fan on high (Fan only( then switch to Cool and note the difference You should see a running current of around 13-14 amps most of it the compressor if way lower lost coolant and a good idea would be a replacement.. There are two units that replace the Carrier UPPER. Coleman and Advent air. I recommend Coleman as it's way easier to service when the condenser needs cleaning (4 bolts v/s many screws then cut tape and bend tabs to remove the cover then clean it and put everything back with aluminum tape on the seems... Yup Coleman way way easier.. That's because COLEMAN's suck while everybody else blows (Sucks air IN through the condenser and blows it out the side v/s the other way around) so you lift the shroud off and the "Crud" is right there for you to peal off easy peasy) had one of each.

The adapt-a-kit for the Coleman is a 3rd party product.. For the Advent air it is just a plug (Well socket) and cable.

i agree with gwinger. A restricted filter can cause high head pressure and/or coil freeze-up, which in turn can cause the error. Do the simple no-cost things first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom