my get home bag

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jr brown said:
Ok Jackiemac  lets say you are traveling home and you have a accident and you are unable to call anyone and you are miles from help. In my get home bag I can make a shelter start a fire have MREs to .  eat If my 5th wheeler is destroyed I can survive.  The gentleman that said he has his credit card and a cell phone is in for a rude awaking.  Yes you do need the skills to use this bag . I train every month using these skills and iam passing this on to my grandkids.  There are schools that teach this type of survival skills. I have been lucky to have been able to train with a friend who retired as a navy seal.  The navy seal has been to and passed 3 survival schools . What a great teacher .
Thanks understand. We have a tent and sleeping bags in truck and normally water and snack and some clothes. We have a fire starter too so we aren't too bad  :D

SeilerBird said:
My solution is not to go anywhere where I am unable to call anyone. My cell phone saved my life five years ago when I called 911 and passed out. The EMTs found me because of the location signal found on my cell phone. I am 70 years old now and I always have my phone in my possession.
Sensible if you have health problems. I'm glad you came through it Tom....

SeilerBird said:
There is no one over age 60 without health problems.

This may end tomorrow but.... DW and I are both beyond 65, and “not” on any medications. Can’t hike/hunt as far as fast, as we once did.....but we’re still “hanging in there”!  We’ve been lucky and blessed!

SeilerBird said:
I certainly have some health problems, but I also know some over 60s without any need for medicines. In fact, one guy I know climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro two years ago at the age of 66. I personally find that fairly impressive. Same fellow also does multi-day wilderness whitewater raft trips, and he did a cross-America bike trip (solo) last summer. I know there aren?t many like him, but absolute statements usually aren?t valid (see what I did there?).

SeilerBird said:
I was 64 before any such showed up -- my brother is now 73 and has no known problems. It's possible that many folks who have no known problems might have something that's not currently known, but that's pure speculation. Still, everyone will have problems sooner or later.

Memtb said:
    This may end tomorrow but.... DW and I are both beyond 65, and ?not? on any medications. Can?t hike/hunt as far as fast, as we once did.....but we?re still ?hanging in there?!  We?ve been lucky and blessed!

Same here, Todd.  No meds, yet.  I'm 10 years behind you, though.  Very blessed!

UTTransplant said:
I certainly have some health problems, but I also know some over 60s without any need for medicines. In fact, one guy I know climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro two years ago at the age of 66. I personally find that fairly impressive. Same fellow also does multi-day wilderness whitewater raft trips, and he did a cross-America bike trip (solo) last summer. I know there aren?t many like him, but absolute statements usually aren?t valid (see what I did there?).

I'm one with no health problems. I'm almost 71 and I don't take any medication at all.  Knock on wood. My DW, well that's another story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom