My introduction, story and a whole bunch of questions ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jackiemac said:
Hi, we're very new to this and live in Scotland and have just been given 6 month visitor visas. We've just bought a Heartland Sundance 288rls TT.  With the hitch it's just over 33ft long, 28ft living space. It wasn't cheap to us, but compared to some of the rigs out there, it probably was - $32k plus tax roughly, we bought a dodge ram 2500 6.4L Hemi to tow it. I really like it. It's easy to hitch up (the other half tends to do it, but I got the training and it's fine unless you need to remove the tow bar from truck which is quite heavy).  You don't notice you are towing it either. That aside it isn't the plushest, ie the materials are cheap mdf etc which i suspect will be cheap and easy to replace. However it is really comfortable and does look pretry good. 2 recliners, 2 seater couch, dinette with 4 chairs, or you can get the bench seat which is standard and gives more storage so might suit you better. Toilet & shower spacious and better than I expected. We have a queen bed and a decent amount of storage in cupboards. We got 2 aircons but so far haven't used the 2nd one much. We have had the heating on too and it was pretty good. Not sure if it would do in sub zero but we were very comfortable and only had it on for half an hour to take the chill out of the air. It has 3 slide outs. Heartland owners forum would seem to say the quality is good. Just a suggestion. Hope you get on ok and find something suitable I'm sure you will enjoy yourself. Get out west there's a lot to see! Good luck!

PS you're writing is good, maybe get a blog started to detail your experiences ?

Your information is good too!

Thank you so much, I'll check them out in the morning (1.21am here)

Good to see / hear from another UK resident, I'm may be a stinking English (wo)man, but at least I'm Northen *cheeky grin* (Yorkshire lass).

Actually I do have a website / blog that I might start using again if I did this, but I was actually thinking more video blogs rather than writing (damn them nerves!) - gotta see if I have the brass monkeys to do this first before I worry about how I plan to document it. :)

It's very brave of you, but I'm sure if you are comfortable towing and manoeuvring the rest will be a breeze. Keep us posted! And Yorkshire is almost Scotland lol.... ;D

jackiemac said:
It's very brave of you, but I'm sure if you are comfortable towing and manoeuvring the rest will be a breeze. Keep us posted! And Yorkshire is almost Scotland lol.... ;D

I won't lie, towing and manoeurving is a worry, but I have pretty decent spatial awareness and some land I can practice on for a month or so before I head out, so I hope I can grasp the basics.

Plus last time we were out on the road there pretty much was someone falling over themselves to help with backing in tight spaces.

It's gonna be scary, but nothing I can't master (or pay for drive thru spots until I do).

Lol @ Yorkshire being almost Scotland! We bond over the hatred of them southern Nancy boys!

(I actually have no political views on the north /south divide, and love my southern family just as much ?)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeegal
Back
Top Bottom