Myrtle Beach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

John Z

recommendations for myrtle beach campground?  we have a 36' rv and 3 kids
trying to plan a trip for first week of November

John Z said:
recommendations for myrtle beach campground?  we have a 36' rv and 3 kids
trying to plan a trip for first week of November

We stayed at Apache Family Pier Campground last spring. Right on the ocean, ocean view from the coach, steps from the beach and the longest pier on the east coast to walk on or fish from. We'd go back.

We stayed at the KOA in Myrtle Beach South.  We enjoyed it and were planning on going back this year for a month, but they have changed their wireless internet provider and couldn't 'guarantee' that all sites would get a signal.  So because having internet is very important to both DH and myself we are going to Oceanlakes instead.  But if internet is not that important to you, then I would recommend them, we'd go back again if they get better internet.  We liked the campsites that were slightly in the tall pines.

We stayed at Oceans Lakes last year for the Workhorse rally and it's like it's own little community. It's right on the beach with it's own shops, golf cart rental, on site  RV wash service (for a fee) lots to do for the kids. http://www.oceanlakes.com/Default.aspx.

We just got back yesterday from Ocean Lakes.  We had (2) 14 year old boys with us and 2 dogs and everyone loved it.  We're thinking about going back for spring break.  This place is huge and a golf cart is almost mandatory.  The golf carts rent for $50/day but I think the rates dropped today.

We have been to Ocean Lakes at least 10 times in the last 15 years, and will keep going back. Great place!

BernieD said:
We stayed at Apache Family Pier Campground last spring. Right on the ocean, ocean view from the coach, steps from the beach and the longest pier on the east coast to walk on or fish from. We'd go back.

Hi Bernie,

Does this campground offer cable and/or wi-fi, or is it just the basic water/sewer/electric hookups?  I can't find any mention of either on their website.

diehard said:
Hi Bernie,

Does this campground offer cable and/or wi-fi, or is it just the basic water/sewer/electric hookups?  I can't find any mention of either on their website.

They do have wifi, I'm not sure about cable, as we use satellite.

diehard said:

We have satellite TV and an aircard for internet, so I really can't answer that. You'll have to give them a call or email.

Now that I've sent them an email, I see on their site map some very fine print indicating which sites have cable TV provided.

For kids, Pirate Land is a lot of fun. Go to their web site for more information. 
http://www.pirateland.com/

I have used K.O.A  about 6 times large site always a good time
not on the beach but only 750 yards away  I was last down in April
HAVE FUN

http://koa.com/where/sc/40139/

As of last year Apache had cable. not sure about wifi as I left the computer at home, Was a fishing trip not a computer trip! :D

My wife and I stayed twice this past year at Myrtle beach Travel Park. we really enjoyed it and they have cable and wifi (addl charge for wifi) ocean front with great pool and lazy river. just a thought!

they have a website with more info check them out :)

Does anyone know if Ocean Lakes is hard to manuever around inside of the campgrounds. I am new to pulling a travel trailer and this is a concern of mine. Thanks.

Lakewood which is next door to Ocean Lakes is nice and not quite as close as Ocean lakes for manuvering .Has cable and local phone service at each site.Not sure about WiFi. Lots to do with some ocean front sites.Being going there about 10 yrs.Children and grandchildren love it..

Ocean Lakes has many pull throughs that would make it easier for you if that's what you would prefer. The back in sites that I noticed around the campground appeared tight for one that would be newer at maneuvering. If you go to their site you will see an aerial picture of the pull throughs that may help you get a better visual. We had no problems navigating our MH but that's a different animal. When we first got our TT we went to a parking lot and practiced backed, I highly recommend it because it gave us more confidence in backing and understanding how the TT handled. Have fun and good luck!

I may be jumping the gun a bit but can give you solid 'best route' directions once you get on I-77 near Charlotte down to the beach. Just returned from Spring Break week at Myrtle. Where will you be staying in Myrtle b/c that could change somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom