Naming your setup.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All our cars, trucks and trailer are named :) 

Our Freightliner has been dubbed "Derpy"  because it is kind of ridiculous to own one of these and my son thinks it looks funny compared to a class 8...

No name for the MH yet.  The Pick Up is the Beast, She is big and strong and with the massive front pumper a crusher of anything that gets in the way.  The Durango is Gutless Wonder since the 4.7 V8 just has no punch.  Finally the Jeep, she is the Black Mistress as my wife calls her.  She gets my money and time, gives me a ride that's a thrill and according to the DW, I talk to the Black Mistress more than I talk to her.

My mother -in-law's MH is the Dog House.

Lil Pumpkin.  Our last MH was a Coachmen.  The DW said she felt like a princess when she rode in it.  Cinderella's coach was a pumpkin in Disney's movie version and she became a princess.  Thus the name, Pumpkin, and my user icon on this forum.  Alas, we sold Pumpkin (a 32 ft. class C).  But, we bought a new class B.  Naturally, it was dubbed Lil Pumpkin.

As a retired teacher, we named our Motorhome when we retired as "SNOWDAY", and had it lettered.

Never named another, they are just "CAMPER", whatever the size and despite the fact that a lot of the time we do not really "Camp", to me that involves a tent.

My (then) 9 year old named mine "Arvin" for......you guessed it.....RV'ing.  I wanted something a little more creative, but this one stuck.  He has a gender, and is attributed some very human qualities.  But then, my cars have names too.  Always have.

We have named our 24' LT Serenity "The Queen".  Stems from back in the days when I drove a Ford SuperCrew with an 8' bed, and when parking it, it was like parking the Queen Mary.  So any time after that, when I had a long vehicle, I would just call it the "Queen Mary".  When I purchased the Serenity, we shortened it to "The Queen", as she is so elegant :)

Chip D

We name all of our vehicles:
RV - Dreamcatcher because that is what the last owner graphiced on the back panel

last 2 class-c rv castle Kahl on Wheels. 

93 Dodge ram 350 dually  Sir Tazalot  Taz stickers all over the place. 

The TV is a Ford F150 "Farah" and the littleold P-up was "Scamper" even though it was a Coleman. Now that we moved up to the huge to us Coachmen we have called it "Large Marge"

Well, the first one was a small Sportsmobile to go to football weekends at Texas A&M. It was named the AgWagon, and the name stuck. We never referred to it in any other way.

Then my daughter was off to law school at St. Louis University. Our new RV we named the SLUMobile, but the name never really took. We just called it the RV.

Now we have our third unit, and my wife refers to it as Bam-Bam. I have no idea why. But she keeps the name basically between the two of us. I even did a photoshop of a pic to show her how the name would look on the back of our Voyage. She said, "No way!"

So I guess my answer is both yes and no.

I am a little late on this.  Year ago in our TT life we had a 15' Terry Resort.  It was cute as a bugs ear.  We called her the Poodle.  You could just see us going down the road towing it with a 2500 cummins.  Talk about over kill!!!!

My old Pop-Up was named "Hotel Collapso", the Tioga-C was named "Casa del Cuello Rojo", and the current Bounder is the "Onaquest".

The first two had their names stenciled across their backsides while the Bounder wears it on the license plate.

I have 3 name my boat is
"Shock and Oar"
My trailer is " Jacqueline II" after my sister
And my mantra is
" if your not living on the edge your taking up too much space"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch