Navion Rear Tire air valve?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rayincorrales

Hello all,

I seem to get stumped by the easiest things.....has anyone seen an air valve like the attached before? This is on the inside dually on my Navion Sprinter 3500 chassis. I wanted to add valve extenders, but this sort of valve is completely new to me.

I'm not even sure how to add air to this tire!

Thanks as always...

Ray

Attachments

• Rear Dual Air Valve.jpg
    Rear Dual Air Valve.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 51
Does your rig have a built-in TPMS system by any chance???

My car has one and the tire valves are somewhat like that.

Looks like a PRESTA valve like they use on better bikes.  They make adapters so you can use the standard schraeder system.

Hello,

I do not have a TPMS, I think these are presta valves, but strange ones....I used to mountain bike, and my bike had presta valves. What is odd to me is how the top "ring" on these are split into two halves.

I think I will need to head to a truck tire store to have these valves replaced with schraders (sp?) and I'll have the shop install valve extensions at the same time.

Thanks,

Ray

Ray,
I have these installed on my View:

http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~tire-man/new_kits/kit4.html

One of the best investments I made. A little pricey but well worth it. I can check the air pressure in all 6 tires in under one minute. I had a local Les Schwab tire shop install them for me. In fact they now recommend these tire valves to their other Sprinter customers.

Jim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom