need a macaroni and cheese recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great Horned Owl said:
Now,that sounds interesting. What kind of cheese do you use in it?

joel

You can use just about any cheese that melts well.  Sometimes I will go with the high end stuff like gruyere, fontina  and vermont cheddar.  Other times I will buy a bag of the Cheese-like stuff.
Most of the time I use a mix of Sharp Cheddar, mozzarella and about and parmesan.

Steve

Made it yesterday.  Turned out great.  Instead of a few red pepper flakes, next batch I'll try a little nutmeg.  No baking.  Made the roux.  Added water and powdered milk.  Dropped in chunks of Velveeta.  Pour over the cooked noodles.  Next batch will be even better as I adjust a couple measurements. 

Agree upgrading the cheese and baking would enhance the mac and cheese.  My goal was to find a tasty recipe that uses Velveeta and doesn't require baking (no oven). 

I noticed when I was making the dish in my multi pot that it was difficult to control the boiling pot of noodles to drain.  The colander was flopping around in the sink.  And it was too small for a batch of noodles.  Amazon has a collapsing colander that fits perfectly in my sink.  It doesn't touch bottom, so the noodles aren't sitting in sink water.  And there are no holes in the sides to overflow where it sticks up out of the sink.  And it has plenty of capacity for a pound box of pasta.  And it folds flat for storage.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016CBMU62?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Back
Top Bottom