Need advice! Eager but cautious! 2008 Chalet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vdubgurl

Everybody on this site has been so helpful in giving advice that has helped me narrow my search. Soooo with all of your advice, I think I have found "the" one! It is a 2008 M224VR Ford 24'6 Winnie Chalet. It has 53,000 miles. It is in Premo condition. Had my handy dandy rvforum check list and it passes with flying colors. My issue is everyone says not to pay more than low market which is $27,500. (High is 33,000.) I have put in an offer for $27,500 and he said he would not take any less than $30,000. I want it so bad but I don't want to have remorse after the fact.  I don't want to loose a good one either over $2,500.00. Any advice? Keep looking or hit the road this weekend?

Well, you're right in the middle of low and high.  If you really like it, and it has what you want/need, I don't think I'd lose any sleep over $2500.  Sometimes you have to pay a little more than you want, to get what you want.  You might want to try to get him down a little more, but not push too hard.  Maybe get it down to $29,500.  It's still more than you want, but it makes you feel good to get him down even a little.

Finding an RV in great condition with a floorplan that you love that is priced at low NADA is almost impossible. I would buy it in a heartbeat if you like it. I just bought a newer RV and the low book is $4000. I paid $6500 which is over high book. I don't regret it at all. It is in great shape, has just the floorplan and options I want and most everything works. I am a happy camper. Don't settle for an RV that doesn't thrill you just to save a few bucks. I really don't think you will have remorse paying $30k for the RV, sounds great to me.

Back
Top Bottom