Need advice on toad for part time use

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrisrice

Hi,

We're looking for a vehicle to tow behind a Fleetwood Discovery (07). Everything I have read / heard says that it can tow 10,000 pounds.  I've read that the Vue makes a good tow vehicle. I'm wondering what else does? Is there a list somewhere of vehicles that do not need modification to tow?

Also, what happens if you forget to run through the geard on the Vue after 7 hours?

Are the Vue's with the Honda engines the only ones that can be towed?

What other similar vehicles should be considered??

Thanks!!
Chris

We have driven a 2002 Honda CRV 70k and have towed it another 75k without problems.

4 Whl Dr Jeep Gran Cherokee and then you have luxury and the off road should there be problems.

Once you have found a prospective toad it would be a good idea to call Remco just to confirm it can be toad and if any modifications are required.

We like our GMC Envoy 4 wheel drive .  Large capacity to store stuff and seat passengers in back seat.  Seats fold down.  Heated front seats.  EASY  to shift from drive to neutral for towing. Has  air ride suspension with a  built in air compressor for airing up tires or air mattresses.  Have towed ours over 45,000 miles and driven it over 80,000.  NO problems.  We've taken it on many  off road trips so we had the skid plates installed.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
We like our GMC Envoy 4 wheel drive ...  Heated front seats. ...
Now why would anybody want heated front seats?!? 
CHILLED front seats -- now there's an option I could go for!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Frank,

I think it's a female thing. My wife insisted on heated seats when we ordered our Suburban. I have a feeling she has them on during the summer!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rbritt
Back
Top Bottom