Need Advice on TT Leveling and Chocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer to keep it simple. A few planks and run of the mill chocking blocks. Once the trailer is reasonably level it isn't going anywhere.

What could be simpler than only one piece per wheel and a chock for each one?  If you like simple, the a Anderson product is as easy as you can find...unless you can talk someone else into doing it for you.  ;D

xrated said:
What could be simpler than only one piece per wheel and a chock for each one?  If you like simple, the a Anderson product is as easy as you can find...unless you can talk someone else into doing it for you.  ;D

Well that would be the ideal solution, but not likely to happen. ;D
For me its simple because it's stuff I already own.

I don't get all worked up over a quarter bubble.

I started with the lego blocks and exploded a couple every trip, then went to 2x6's but storage and weight got the best of me so I was going to install a Lipert leveling system and in fact ordered it. I was advised they were back ordered so I canceled that and went with the Anderson levelers. I can't tell you how well those work as the last 3 trips since I have had them I didn't need to level LOL.

Debra17 said:
When on asphalt or other hard surface how do you all keep from having the yellow plastic ones spitting out from under the tire when you pull up on it?
Usually I make sure to set them firmly up against the tire and that's enough.
That was one time, when they were new and the bottoms hadn't gotten roughed up yet. Something about that pavement. They just kept on slipping. DW put her foot down (something she's excellent at  ;)) until I backed up just an inch or two and the tread caught on the edge.

JFN said:
I started with the lego blocks and exploded a couple every trip

That's interesting. I still have all 10 from that I got over 7 years ago. Used them for leveling maybe 40-50 times out of over 200 encampments, but use a few at almost every stop to reduce how far I have to extend the tongue jack.
But then our trailer weighs less than 8,000 pounds. Probably a factor.

PopPop51 said:
That's interesting. I still have all 10 from that I got over 7 years ago. Used them for leveling maybe 40-50 times out of over 200 encampments, but use a few at almost every stop to reduce how far I have to extend the tongue jack.
But then our trailer weighs less than 8,000 pounds. Probably a factor.
That probably has a lot to do with it, I used mine on a motorhome, and then the FW I have now at 10,500.

The leggo blocks explode when you put them on rocks.  That creates stress points they aren't capable of handling.

I use them on a 26,000# coach and since I started moving the bigger rocks out of the way and using jack pads under the blocks I haven't broken any more of them.  A piece of plywood would work just as well. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flying B
Back
Top Bottom