Need Help Finding CB Wireing On a Voyage 32H

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thread got me thinking on my rig. Found the power wires under the dash and the tag noted the + and - wire and also referenced the coax, no coax to be found. Was up on the roof and there was the little black AM/FM antenna and right beside it was a spot the looked like another antenna should have been screwed in. If this is for the CB antenna with no coax under the dash it'll be useless being as no way to snake a coax to the front. So I filled the hole area over with caulk to prevent water leakage. You could see the threaded stud to screw an antenna on to.  Guess I'll have to go the route of mounting an antenna over the drivers side window.

Cant Wait said:
Thread got me thinking on my rig. Found the power wires under the dash and the tag noted the + and - wire and also referenced the coax, no coax to be found. ...
While not a trivial pursuit (hey, wouldn't that be a good name for a game?) you can run coax from the top of the cap to the dash area, it just takes a little time analyzing the situation and in some cases taking things apart to see what the possibilities are.  The major nemesis in an RV (for me anyway) is trying to install something on a slide where the origin is on a fixed part of the unit.

Tin man said:
Once again Thank you John.
You're quite welcome Jim!

Yes the meter read below 2 like 1.0 1.2 1.0 from channel 1 to 40.

Something to run across everyone, I was told by a friend who is very good in carpentry.  Instead of screwing the backing board a 1/2 or 3/4 in plywood to the inside wall, Glue It.  He says there is glue that once it is applied, you will never get it off. 

Will keep you posted.

Tin man said:
Yes the meter read below 2 like 1.0 1.2 1.0 from channel 1 to 40.

Something to run across everyone, I was told by a friend who is very good in carpentry.  Instead of screwing the backing board a 1/2 or 3/4 in plywood to the inside wall, Glue It.  He says there is glue that once it is applied, you will never get it off. 

Will keep you posted.
I was thinking of making an access panel so I can get back in there if there ever is a problem with the cable using Velcro.  On the passenger side there is already an accessible are with a screwed in panel but I don?t think the antenna would work as well on the passenger side.  Of course I could do dual antennas but I have no clue on how to adjust the SWRs on a dual system.

I pulled the triger on the Firestick NGP set up.  Should be here next week.  Now I just need t find those well hiden power wires.

Kit came in, now all I have to do is get the nerve to drill a hole in the side of the most expensive thing onwheels I have ever had and not screw up :-\.  No pressure

Just make sure your drill bits are sharp. Do not use dull drills. You can have someone hold a piece of wood on the outside to reduce chipping when you drill.  The drill should cut through like a hot knife through butter.

Measure three times cut once.

John Canfield said:
That's interesting, I just removed a Firestick from the Rubicon and replaced it with a Wilson Trucker 2000 (5" shaft.)  The Firestick seemed to tune up okay (I have an MFJ SWR analyzer and a  Bird model 43 watt meter), but the antenna never seemed to perform very well on the trail.

I'll have a better feel for real-world performance with the Wilson antenna after using this summer on the trail.

I was wondering after all your trekking around this summer, if you noticed any improvement with new antenna???

On our trip this summer, the CB worked well not much traffic, but when therevwasbit was 5x5

Strength 5

Clarity  5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sue2La
Back
Top Bottom