Need help finding that lost metal object?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spoonsize

They don't have all over the country coverage yet, but they just might have it where you are.

http://www.lostmystuff.net/index.php

Boy, this could be ripe for fraud.

Imagine that you lost a diamond ring on tour property. After an extensive search they declared that all they found was a beer can. Are you going to follow them around while they search or just wait for the results.

Are you going to frisk them (pat down) to see if the diamond ring is in one of their pockets.

Just being skeptical/ cautious. Optimistic pessimist.

Carson

Carson...It just so happens I found a 2c  diamond in my driveway many years ago. Drive way is dirt also, I was siphoning some gas out of an old plymouth we had when some gas spilled on the ground and this shiny rock caught my eye.....I thought it was a fake of course. It turns out it had fallen out of my niece's ring the week before when they visited..What are the chances of finding it on 3 acres of grass and dirt?

I noticed several of you had visited The Lost My Stuff Group website as a result of this thread so I thought I'd come by and say hello.

I'm John Hawken, aka fogcity, and I'm the Founder of the The Lost My Stuff Group.

I completely understand Carson's thoughts, and when a search is performed for someone's lost item, we actually prefer for the person(s) who reported it to be present while the search is conducted. Not only do they then get to see all that is found during the search, but they are also thus available to answer any questions about the loss during the search. As we say on our website Safety page:  Everyone -- All persons reporting lost items & all volunteer searchers -- need to approach all offers of volunteered assistance and reports of missing items with their safety and well being in mind. The whole search situation needs to be safe for everybody.

We've been in existence for about 1-1/2 years now and to date we've received no complaints from anyone we've attempted to help find their lost stuff.

If anyone here has any questions about the Group, please feel free to ask them. If I don't post a reply right away, just send me an email. My email address is: [email protected]

Regards,

fogcity

We have never used this group but several years ago my husband lost his wedding band.  He had been working in the yard and it slipped off somewhere.  He was sick about it and asked an acquaintence - we didn't know this guy very well - if he had a metal detector.  They guy said no,  but my neighbor does.  He showed up a day or two later with this metal detector.  They found some metal object shortly but it wasn't the ring.  After searching another few minutes it was found under a plant my husband had planted the day he lost the ring!  The guy was so nice and refused a reward although we were more than willing to pay him.  There are good folks in the world.  I prefer to see the good in people while still being aware that there are always a few bad apples in the barrel. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dlord
Back
Top Bottom