Need help in making best choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi there. Well after reading these replies it seems that an rv for my purposes is not a good idea. 😕

Yeah - I was thinking going from a small Park model to a MH as a choice vs. a wheeled RV type solution.

I retired homeless and planned to travel extensively in my RV. My wife and I have a condo in Cartagena but due to covid we both got grounded in respective countries.

I ended up putting a brand new MH on my 5 acres here in Fl. I did a brand new one and am happy with the choice. MHs depreciate, kinda like cars, but I figured if I depreciate my MH over 30 years it runs about $300 a month. I'll be dead before then but my kid can either put another brand new MH on the land or build a stick & brick. Point being a brand new MH (1500 sq/ft 3 br 2 1/2 bath is running me $880 a month.

Recently I put a 12 X 28 shed on my land as a bunkhouse. It was a repo and some of the fit out had already been done. I paid about $12k for it. To fit it out I am estimating around $10k.

Attachments

• shed 1 small.jpg
    shed 1 small.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 2
  • shed 2 small.jpg
    shed 2 small.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 2
  • shed 3.jpg
    shed 3.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 2
Yeah - I was thinking going from a small Park model to a MH as a choice vs. a wheeled RV type solution.

I retired homeless and planned to travel extensively in my RV. My wife and I have a condo in Cartagena but due to covid we both got grounded in respective countries.

I ended up putting a brand new MH on my 5 acres here in Fl. I did a brand new one and am happy with the choice. MHs depreciate, kinda like cars, but I figured if I depreciate my MH over 30 years it runs about $300 a month. I'll be dead before then but my kid can either put another brand new MH on the land or build a stick & brick. Point being a brand new MH (1500 sq/ft 3 br 2 1/2 bath is running me $880 a month.

Recently I put a 12 X 28 shed on my land as a bunkhouse. It was a repo and some of the fit out had already been done. I paid about $12k for it. To fit it out I am estimating around $10k.
With that barn type roof you can put a loft in it too.

I presume "MH" here means Mobile Home rather than Motor Home?

Yes - Most advisors will steer one away from a mobile home due to depreciation. I had some biases against becoming a Trailer Park Boy but it is reasonably priced and I think will serve me well..

With that barn type roof you can put a loft in it too.

Yes - As I was researching steel sheds the loft and porch became important. The porch because it makes it look more like a bunkhouse than... well... a shed but you give up 4 feet of shed.

On the plus side when I saw the barn roof I realized there is a natural loft over the front porch and the way I am finishing the kitchen in the back there will be a loft there as well.

The plan is to have loft beds at each end. The original buyer sectioned about 12 X 12 where the bathroom and an intended BR was. I am going to put the kitchenette in the back. The front will be living area and I am hoping to come up with some sort of Murphy bunks arrangement with 2 bunks a side, foldable into/against the wall.

That should give sleeping for up to 6 in a pinch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom