Need help with a tail light len

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GaryDShepard

I have a 2000 Damon UltraSport. I had a small mistake this pass weekend that cost me a crack in the siding and a tail light lens. A good friend of mine does body work and made an excellent repair of the siding. The problem is I can't find a tail light lens.

I have checked with Thor and they tell me it has been discontinued.  I checked with Command Electric and they says the same thing. I have also checked with a local RV salvage yard but no luck.

If anyone has any information that could help me it, it would be much appreciated.

The lens is the corner wrap around. It's a Command Ele. Model 003-69. It's for the passenger side but it's the same as the driver's side. 

Think they copied Bargman?

A series #86 wraparound lens looks very similar.

Attachments

• 3486202[1].png
    3486202[1].png
    171.4 KB · Views: 22
There should be a DOT number on the lens.  If it's not legible, look at it's mate on the other side.  Then do a Google search and check eBay using that number.

I had the same problem on a 1994 Damon Intruder and found it's taillight assemblies came from that year's Ford Explorer.  Checking eBay found a seller with water damaged old stock which only affected the cardboard packaging - the part itself was perfect.

So far I haven't found anything for it. The Bargman 86 is too big. If I can't find a replacement I will order a 86 assemble and see if I can make it fit and look like it should be there.

I walked about 100 acres of salvage RV's but nothing.

Thanks for the suggestions but it looks like I may have to replace all the lights on both sides if I cant find a Command lens.

Richard,
Unless you have found something I haven't they only make one size of a wraparound.

Lou,
Looking up the DOT number just keeps coming back to Bargman.

I will call Command Electric and see if they can tell me what all the lens was used on. As best I can tell a few years of Damon UltraSport is it for RV's. I know they discontinued it several years ago and have no stock. I hope I find that they were used on buses or farm equipment or something I may be able to find.

fairway2002 said:
My Thor had Ford truck lenses. Two of them stacked. I would have never known but my buddy was a ford truck guy

Our 02 Montana had wrap-around..  Chevy pick-up taillight assemblies.. VERY similar to what's being looked for here ?

Partsman brand, on Amazon, also has a good selection of aftermarket replacements ?

Joe

I called Command and it looks like Thor and Damon were the only ones to use them. I called Thor to see what all models used them and they don't know.

I ordered a Bargman 86 wraparound and I'll see what I can do with it. The lens is a little too long to fit as is. The command has about a 1 inch piece under the lens that has a reflector on it. The Bargman doesn't have this piece. So I'm going to try to cut the reflector part off the command and glue or something to mount it on the Bargman.

If That doesn't work I will replace all of the taillights on both sides.

It would be nice if the manufacturers would try to help you figure out what to do when their parts are no longer available. What I got was, "I don't know what to tell you".

Will this work for you?

https://www.etrailer.com/question-93386.html

GaryDShepard said:
Richard,
Unless you have found something I haven't they only make one size of a wraparound.

In the link I posted, Bargman shows,
6.5"L x 3"W x 6"H
6x5.5x3
6x6x3
12x7.25xx3.75
13.38x9x3

Richard

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member