Need help with toilet adjustment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kf

Our toilet, Thetford Aquaflush, has the foot pedal flush lever.  As with most, you partially depress the lever to add water, then fully depress to flush.  Just recently, with any pressure applied to the lever, the flush "ball" starts to open, beginning the flush.  In other words, you cannot just add water, it immediately starts to open.  I've looked in the manual and on the toilet for an adjustment, but cannot find anything.  Has anyone had this problem, or have any recommendations?  Thanks for any help.

John, good post.  I'll second your proposal.  That's how my biffy works as well.

carson

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but still nada.  It has worked fine for years, and it is still functional, but I know there must be some adjustment or minor fix for the problem.  Again, thanks for the input.

I'm not familiar with that model, but the pedal has to have two engaging cams. One pushes the water inlet valve lever (or pulls its wire) and the second pushes the lever that opens the flush valve. I've seen a few that used one cam to do both, pushing one lever and continuing on to the second, but that is actually a more complex design. Anyway, uncovering the mechanism and watching it as it operates should show what it is (or is not) doing. Sounds to me like the cam has slipped out of position and is hitting the flush lever right away. Removing the cam mechanism and re-installing in the correct position may fix it, but chances are it has stripped on its shaft and will need to be replaced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueupnorth
Back
Top Bottom