need replacement cabover front window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 2000 Itasca Spirit Class C. The front facing window, approx. 17" X 72" wide, needs a new seal. My local RV repair has had one on order for months with no results. I need to move on so does anyone know the availability of these windows, new or used...or where to look for one? I did an inquiry with Winnebago Parts and received no response. Getting desperate to hit the road. 

you might have to go to Home Depot get a 4" roll of Dicor Eternanbond sealing tape, and make your own seal.

It may not look so great but it will seal it.

Thanks Sightseers. The seal is rubber and wraps around the glass pane inside the aluminum frame. So it is a rubber buffer on both sides of the glass. With the seal removed, as it is now, the glass rattles around in the frame a bit. I would guess that there is a 1/8" clearance from the frame on each side of the glass.

In this case Eternabond doesn't seem like the answer...oddly enough, because it seems to work for just about everything else in my experience.

you no longer have the original seal ? ...ETB tape could go over that seal and all the way to the glass.

Here are 2 places you might have some luck
Lichtsinn is  a Winne dealer and I have had good luck with them. The other place makes all types of rubber seals.

https://www.lichtsinn.com/rv-parts-order

https://www.steelerubber.com/

An automotive glass shop may be able to help you. When my former 1986 Class C needed an overhead front window seal, I took the old one to a nearby auto glass shop. The fellow disappeared into the back room and came back a few minutes later with a box that he spooled a nearly identical seal from. We measured out how long it needed to be with an extra few inches and cut it off. The whole process took about 20 minutes. The material was about $2.25/ft as I recall, and worked perfectly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasondenman
Back
Top Bottom