Need to sell new Class A Gasser

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As Arch says, the executor is typically not trained in the legalities of disposing of an estate but should have the help of a lawyer or accountant to perform his/her duties.    Regardless, the executor is still the person with decision-making authority, subject only to probate judge approval. Unless explicitly directed otherwise by a will, the executor is the one who can decide to distribute an asset as-is or sell it and distribute cash instead. He or she can accept advice from the heirs, but is not required to do so.

I would contact the local TV station and explain your story.  Parents (I assume) purchased a brand new RV from ----, but passed away before they could take delivery.  Cash hungry dealer, who still has the RV on their lot, will not cancel the deal, but wants $$$$$$ in depreciation to "take back" this brand new, untitled RV.  The threat of running such a story may get a change of heart.  Running it will cost them thousands!!

That is just going to result in a hardening of the attitudes and possibly legal action. Can't blame the dealer for not wanting to be stuck with a special order coach he may not have a market for. Was the coach paid for in full up front? That would seem strange. Odds are a deposit which may have to be forfeited was placed which would allow them to deep discount and move the unit.

Thanks for all your input and advice.  At this point am really looking for resources as to where to look to sell it.  Family RVing and Motor Home Magazines were my first thought, but if I understand their rules correctly, it takes almost two months to get the add inserted.  You have given me several, RV trader. PPL, etc.  Thanks again!

1PlasticMan1 said:
Thanks for all your input and advice.  At this point am really looking for resources as to where to look to sell it.  Family RVing and Motor Home Magazines were my first thought, but if I understand their rules correctly, it takes almost two months to get the add inserted.  You have given me several, RV trader. PPL, etc.  Thanks again!

Are you certain the deceased paid cash for the motorhome?  If yes, then its value to the estate is likely less than the discounted price of a new coach.  As mentioned it's probably at least another 10% discount.  However if it's not paid for, why do anything.  Let the dealer keep the deposit and walk.  It's unlikely you'll end up with more money in your pocket if the estate pays off the balance, which depletes the estate, and then you attempt to sell it. 

Back
Top Bottom