need to vent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itsb

I had an app. at Great Escapes RV dealer in Mountain Home Ar. yesterday, so I drove the 140 mile trip, booked a room at a local motel to break up the drive, showed up at the dealership about 30 min early, the sales manager (who I had the app with) was still with another buyer (no problem) so I told them I would go on up to the camper to start looking it over, the manager, sent another salesman up to start the showing ( no problem), so the other salesman parks his ranger(there little lot rig) off to the right side of the camper about 20-30 ft to the right side of the camper and about even with the rear of the camper, I pulled up to the left, front side of the camper, (we are out in the open not all cramped up) the wife and my self are inside looking at the camper when the sales manager comes to the door and told us we need to come out side, I go outside to find the jr salesman had backed his ranger into the Side of my PU and dented the front door and got the rear door also, so I called the sheriff and got a report, they did apologize, so I told them the sale was off and I made them refund my money I had put down on the sale if I wanted the camper. so I went back to the motel and turned in the keys and told them I did not feel like staying (non refundable) and drove home. so now I have a crashed truck, no camper and now have to deal with there insurance co, O-the fun begins. I will also NOT be giving them a very good reference! 

Sorry to hear your truck got damaged, that's always a bummer, but why did you cancel the sale?  Poor driving skills on the park of somebody else, even though an employee, doesn't seem to me to make the camper less desirable. Heck, they might have even made a more generous deal!

If you are going to get that flustered at every mishap, maybe rving isn't for you. Owning an rv is just basically a succession of small disasters. You have to take each one in stride. These things break at the drop of a hat, and cost $$$$$$ every time they do. Take a breath, and don't let a small mishap ruin your fun. As stated, perhaps the rv dealership will give you a few extra thousand of the camper to try to make things right. Hope round two goes better. Cheers.

WOW
A guy does something unintentionally to your vehicle and you did all that.
Seems like overkill.
The dealer if given the chance might have given you more of a deal on your rig but you burnt your bridges.
Seems counter productive.
Borders on road rage

On the other side of the coin the dealer is probably happy that you walked. They dodged a customer that would give them grief for the smallest of things.

The small accident was not your fault in any way, shape or form. The subsequent behavior was yours alone. As I see it, your drive, hotel room and other expenses were wasted for no good reason. I say the dealership dodged a bullet. I hope to never have an accident involving you as I am sure it would not be pleasant.
RichH

itsb said:
Haha ya it's my fault, I love it

In a couple of days, just sit down in a quiet area and think this over. I think you'll understand what we're talking about. I would call them back and see if they're willing to talk if you really want that camper. Don't blame this on the dealership. They may turn out to be a good company to deal with.

My car was damaged at a rv dealership when they were putting on the equipment to flat tow the car. Someone was backing out an RV and did not see my small car.  They were very apologetic and made arrangements to have it fixed and a rental car for me. Crap happens. I still go to that dealership for rv repairs because they do great work.

Well hopefully the insurance won't be too much trouble.. I know one time I filed a small (200) claim and the poor adjuster (Who by the way approved it) apologized for laughing..

I told him there was no need. I'd worded the claim the way I had just so he would.. So his laughter was actually a complement on my writing skills.

It was a winch out.. I think I said something likle "Some idiot (me of course) got stuck

Here?s a little thing that happened to me that might make you feel better. I had a problem with my left leg and went to the VA to have it checked. Long story short after some labs and xrays, MRI, etc it was determined the leg had to be amputated. Had the operation and when I woke up they took me back to my room. My wife was there and she seemed pretty upset. I asked her what the problem was and she said to wait for the doctor. He comes in and tells me there?s been a terrible mistake. They took the wrong leg off. I know this sounds stupid but I let them go ahead and take the right one. After a few weeks of healing I contacted an attorney and relayed the story to him. He listened and by all indications it seemed like I had a pretty good case. The attorney leaned forward, folded his hands on his desk and said ?I?m sorry sir but you don?t have a leg to stand on.? You see, things could be a lot worse.  ;D

It does sound like you were not working in your own best interest.  I find it best to not make big decisions when I am angry.  We were recently hit by another driver.  First words out of my mouth were not fit to print.  Hubby said he had never heard me use that particular phrase in 37 years of marriage.  But I calmed down.  Humans make mistakes.

If the drive was so long as to warrant overnight stays,it may not have been a good idea to drive it while worked up.  As the hotel was paidyou could have stayed and "slept on it".

As others said,you had a reason to be upset but to call off the whole trip was premature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom