Need water filter that removes AZ minerals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pat,

I have found the "Water Packer" at QZ to be knowledgeable and helpful on the subject.  You might try a search or try this URL,  http://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/

Pat

I really don't want to beat a dead horse with this issue, but as I explained previously your solution is very simple. We have lived in the Phoenix area for 7 years now. We installed a whole house water filter the day we moved in. We drink water straight from the taps and it tastes as good as anything you pay for in the stores. I know you prefer to spend the money on bottled water, but that is your choice. After 7 years we have no crud on our shower heads and no buildup in the water lines. I use the water right from the faucet to brew coffee and only the change in the beans that I use is noticeable.

You can get the same equivalent setup from the Water Packer or the Water Store, both are vendors at RV conventions and both have displays at QZ, also both have web sites. Both do an excellent of explaining and selling. I got my setup from the Water Store before I met Lowell of Water Packer but I would trust both. I have a 2 "can" filter setup; the first has a sediment filter ($2.50), the second the KDF filter ($30, good for 2 years, same material as in my house filter). My coach water lines are clean, my sprayers/shower heads are clean and I save a lot of money by not having to buy bottled water.

Bernie:  Agreed.  My Culligan solution is temporary, but I wanted to get something on there before I was here too long.  Water seems to taste ok, but cats are weird, so I buy her bottled water.  Who knows what she can taste.  I think cats refuse to drink just out of spite. 

--pat

<slapping side of head for not thinking to have Ron inspect my coach filter while i had the chance>

Ron, maybe we will reach your campground this winter  or at least QZ.  BTW I will let you know what the results are when we do ourt first satellite check outside the mountains.  FWIW still getting the 8L8 message, though I know we will not have a line of sight until we get out of here.  Leaving this morning.  We will miss you at Boise as we are headed over to Interstate 15 via 90 from Missoula.

Smoky,

I saw your filter and I think the cartridge I showed you will fit just fine.  Those cartridges are available at Home Depot, Wal-mart, Ace hardwar, and most any similar store.

How long will you be in West Yellowstone?

AKbirds:  Finally tonight it's 74 and dropping.  The Fantastic Vent is bringing in a nice cool breeze.  I've been here in Apache Junction since Sept 10, and this is probably the first nice night.  Hope this continues.  This afternoon was HOT.  97 or so.

--pat

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom