NETFLIX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie Two Tracks

Cindy and I recently tried Netflix. For us, this has been a great find. How does 168 episodes of RAWHIDE sound? Wagon Train, Dragnet, Gunsmoke, all of the old TV shows and cartoons. I don't know how many seasons of "How it's made" , Twilight Zone and all the John Wayne movies you can think of. As long as we have an Internet connection, we can pick them up on our lap top. For us, it's nice to watch the old shows and not worry about what our granddaughter will see.

What kind of Internet connection do you have?  If you are using cell data like Verizon Wireless, you can quickly exceed your data limit - if you have one and could be quite surprized with your next bill.

I sure wouldn't use my MiFi connection, would be cheaper to round up the actors and have them recreate scenes.

However, with a good unlimited connection it is golden!

Charlie Two Tracks said:
It is just a regular Wifi connection. Any of the ones in a campground will work or your one at home.

While it's great that the wi-fi where you are staying is working, it is pretty common for campgrounds to block this kind of activity and should not be an expected benefit when a campground says they have free wi-fi.

Many campgrounds that offer a wireless internet connection will specifically ask that you not download large files or view streaming video as the limited bandwidth is being shared among all the users.  At best, you will be throttled to a slow transfer rate, at worst, you'll slow the system down for everybody.

Bill Adams said:
While it's great that the wi-fi where you are staying is working, it is pretty common for campgrounds to block this kind of activity and should not be an expected benefit when a campground says they have free wi-fi.

We were actually in two commercial campgrounds last year that had signs saying no Skype, Netflix, or other movie downloads. In both, violators were asked to leave the campground.

Unfortunately for the US, we cannot keep Korea in sight in terms of internet service... they get 100 Mbps for $20/mo all over the country, kinda like France.  Oh well, we get a gigabyte for $10...or if you are lucky, maybe 7 Mbps with DSL for $40/mo and we are the leading technology country in the world... LOL

odie1234 said:
We were actually in two commercial campgrounds last year that had signs saying no Skype, Netflix, or other movie downloads. In both, violators were asked to leave the campground.

It's interesting that we had a Netflix account for years and have used it often while fulltiming the last eighteen months, just not the streaming portion. My wife got rambunctious when we hooked up our Direct TV in the coach recently, and canceled the account. Now we cannot get CD's only anymore without the streaming package at extra cost.

It's always something...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeeRob
Back
Top Bottom