Neutral to Ground Short

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be a good idea to install a GFI outlet on both outside receptacles although these outlets are properly grounded.
The only two outlets affected (no longer have anything connected to the ground terminal) are the one over the couch and the one by the dining table.

If you install GFCI outlets, you only need to install one, it will then protect all downstream outlets.  This will require getting a thin wall box or installing a standard wall box that extends beyond the wall surface to get the required depth.

Or you could install a GFCI circuit breaker to protect the whole circuit.  A possible problem with this is GFCI breakers only come single wide and many RVs use duplex breakers (two breakers in one space) so you may not have enough space i the panel.

I?m familiar with wiring GFI outlets and daisy chaining downstream outlets.

Won?t work in this case due to how it?s wired.

My panel is full of duplex breakers.

For now I?m just not going to stress over two indoor outlets in a low risk area. Heck l, I grew up with two prong outlet outside and in wet basements.

In my coach the outlet over the couch and the one by the dining table get used for phone and device chargers, which are only 2 prong anyway. 

The outlet should still be grounded itself, in case of a wiring short in the outlet box.  The appliances with two-prong plugs are double-insulated and don't need an external ground.

Just install a GFI breaker instead of the outlets. You will still have your ground protection then without having to use the ground wire.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
video7
Back
Top Bottom