Never have I ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RVMommaTo6 said:
I do like hot dogs. And corn bread. And mustard. And food on a stick. But that particular combination sounds nasty lol, at this point it's a matter of sticking to my guns to never try one.

Ah, we'll wear you down.  You'll eventually give in. 

My kids (and now my grandkids), always had the "ewwww" thing for some foods.  Though they had never tried it, they did the "ewwww" thing, and wouldn't touch it.  I always told them "you can't say you don't like it if you haven't tried it".  With my kids, I had a fairly good success rate with getting them to at least try a bite of something before declaring they didn't like it.  And my granddaughter is pretty good about at least trying something.  But my grandson, what a stinker he is.  If he gets it in his head he doesn't like something, and you force him to try it, he will throw it up trying it.  Every now and then we get lucky and get him to actually admit he likes it.  But not often.

RVMommaTo6 said:
I do like hot dogs. And corn bread. And mustard. And food on a stick. But that particular combination sounds nasty lol, at this point it's a matter of sticking to my guns to never try one.

Well, I guess, as long as you never know what you're missing, ...

This thread is fun! Oldgator73, there is absolutely nothing wrong with smoked oysters especially on a cracker with cheddar cheese. I had to get my head around raw but actually enjoyed them in small doses.

Roy M said:
This thread is fun! Oldgator73, there is absolutely nothing wrong with smoked oysters especially on a cracker with cheddar cheese. I had to get my head around raw but actually enjoyed them in small doses.

I?ve been known to eat several dozen raw oysters at one sitting.  :)

I'm not opposed to eating exotic foods, I've tried alligator, ostrich, bison, and even kangaroo, and I might even LIKE corn dogs, but I have no interest in ingesting one lol

Really?! I never heard of eating alligator and they were serving it at the state fair so I tried it. Maybe it's a Florida thing, but in NY people don't eat alligator.

RVMommaTo6 said:
Really?! I never heard of eating alligator and they were serving it at the state fair so I tried it. Maybe it's a Florida thing, but in NY people don't eat alligator.

I know for a fact in Florida alligators eat people!

RVMommaTo6 said:

Don't tell that to the folks that order the "Crispy alligator" at Bo's Kitchen and Bar Room in NY City... ;)

https://bosrestaurant.com/food-drinks/dinner-bar-menu

Isaac-1 said:
Alligator is not exotic, I can think of at least 3 places within a mile of my house that serve it.

We could get you up a plate full in our back yard but once you smelled then you wouldnt want to eat it. Nasty, smelly, lizards, we pulled up a 10 footer and killed it on the pontoon boat. It stunk so bad you could smell the blood 40 ft away and took a pressure washer to get the stink out. 
  I just ordered up several pounds of Bison, Elk, Yak and Ostrich meat from an online store but no corn dogs. How about hot dogs on a stick, wrapped with bacon and dipped in pancake batter the deep fried like a corndog ???

edjunior said:
My kids (and now my grandkids), always had the "ewwww" thing for some foods.  Though they had never tried it, they did the "ewwww" thing, and wouldn't touch it.  I always told them "you can't say you don't like it if you haven't tried it".  With my kids, I had a fairly good success rate with getting them to at least try a bite of something before declaring they didn't like it.

For some reason, our kids had an aversion to vegetables.  ::)  We insisted that they didn't have to like them, just eat them. They found some green things actually taste good!  ;D ;D

Oldgator73 said:
I?ve been known to eat several dozen raw oysters at one sitting.  :)

We used go to oyster feeds.  Back in the day, when I was pregnant with my only child, I ate 110 raw oysters, and some steamed ones, and a very few fried ones.

The VFW in my hometown area KNEW how to do a oyster feed.

My granddaughters like corn dogs and every Xmas I get two boxes of frozen ones for them to put in the freezer for snacks.

https://www.instacart.com/landing?product_id=76977&retailer_id=246&region_id=4929621148&utm_source=instacart_bing&utm_medium=sem_shopping&utm_campaign=ad_demand_shopping_food_md_baltimore_newengen&utm_content=accountid-F115NJK4_campaignid-367415465_adgroupid-1214960730469895_device-c&utm_term=matchtype-e_keyword-_targetid-pla-4579534651911652_locationid-&msclkid=4c2316a8d2c01fd1cbe34b5582149e24

This variety seems okay to them.  Some brands, they don't like.

catblaster said:
    We could get you up a plate full in our back yard but once you smelled then you wouldnt want to eat it. Nasty, smelly, lizards, we pulled up a 10 footer and killed it on the pontoon boat. It stunk so bad you could smell the blood 40 ft away and took a pressure washer to get the stink out. 
  I just ordered up several pounds of Bison, Elk, Yak and Ostrich meat from an online store but no corn dogs. How about hot dogs on a stick, wrapped with bacon and dipped in pancake batter the deep fried like a corndog ???

I don't usually care for Alligator myself, it tastes too much like tough, greasy chicken.  As to the nasty issue I have been at the weigh stations when they were brought in from Alligator hunts, my wife's uncle hunts them every year, here in south Louisiana, last year he had a nearly 600 pound alligator that he shot several times before getting it into the boat, it then bit him, and he shot it several more times with a .38 handgun to make it let go.  He fired a total of 12 shots into it, got it back to the weigh station, while unloading it found it was still alive, and ended up finishing it off with a hatchet.

I really miss the taste of raw oysters, especially the salty one from down in Lafitte La. but my xplant doctors said NO OYSTERS. They didnt say raw, fried or steamed...absolutely none. I sure do miss them !

My wife and I pig out on raw oysters whenever we get the chance. We used to go to the Florida  panhandle, but Georgia cut the output of fresh water into Apalachicola bay and ruined the oyster industry in Florida.
Something else I like are snails, escargot, and snake.

Back
Top Bottom