New Aluminum Siding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BushyTrailerTales

I have a 1970 Aristocrat Lo-Liner that I purchased a few months ago with the idea of moving into it to travel the US for a little bit.
I bought it and started working on renovating it (took off the aluminum and windows etc.) and replaced all of the wood that had gone bad or cracked. I was expecting to just use the same aluminum siding, but when I went to put it back on it did not quite fit. I had rebuilt the frame ever so slightly different and now a few of the windows are a couple of inches off.
To my knowledge I can't stretch or move the aluminum at all, so I'm guessing I will need to buy new stuff. I don't know where to go to do this, or what tools I'll need to buy to work with it.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I could even travel to Salt Lake City, Utah, or around the South East Idaho location to pick up aluminum. I am hoping to finish soon as we should be getting snow very soon.
Thank you!

Bushy,
You need to get into the "Tin Can Tourist" groups. I don't if there is one here, but they do have a website. Just to mention, TCT does not refer to the RV, but the means of provisioning as storage space was very limited and refrigeration was not available.
Matt_C

Most such RVs use standard corrugated aluminum construction panels. Is that was yours is? Or is yours flat sheeting? Matching the pattern and color you have nay be challenging, but this company offers a wide selection. The site isn't set up for easy browsing, though. You have to select each item from the custom order "available patterns" list to see a what that pattern looks like. But if they have what you need, you can specify the dimensions and get it cut to order.

Here's another possible source. And another.

Back
Top Bottom