New battery but light is still on low.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jantheman

I hooked up a new, charged battery that's outputting 12.4v. When I press the battery button inside, only the bottom red light goes on (registering "low" instead of "full"). Everything is working as it should, I just want the light to reflect reality (God forbid my black tank is registering "low" when it's really "full" :eek:).

What gives?

So many RV electronic items are dismal at best. No idea what you own to begin giving recommendations. How did you conclude your charged battery was 12.4? Usually, a fully charged battery resting is higher than that, like 12.7 or more. (ps, certainly don't rely on your black tank sensors to be accurate, they rarely are (although usually they read higher than the tank actually is)

You don't give us much to go on, such as what is the RV make/model, and the make and model of the display that you are using. Is this something that just happened after it worked properly for some time? If you have a decent volt/ohm meter, did you by any chance measure the voltage to the display you are looking at?

I hooked up a new, charged battery that's outputting 12.4v. When I press the battery button inside, only the bottom red light goes on (registering "low" instead of "full"). Everything is working as it should, I just want the light to reflect reality (God forbid my black tank is registering "low" when it's really "full" :eek:).

What gives?
It sounds like at 12.4VDC, the converter (or inverter?) is not charging the battery. plugged into SP the battery should be charging 13+VDC.

a new, charged battery that's outputting 12.4v

It's not. A fully charged battery at rest is 12.77V. I wouldn't consider it 'low' though, but that's a separate question for now.

Everything is working as it should

Your loads might be but the thing to verify is the charging. Check the voltage while you're connected to shore power.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

Take your "new battery" to a Auto Supply store and have it tested. In the last year I've bought two batteries that showed 12-13 volts but not enough amps to do anything. Both were replaced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom