New campers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone, last year my fianc? and I were in the market for a camper we could toe behind out 2015 4dr rubicon, so do to weight restrictions we had to look in the lighter class and to our surprise we found out how expensive it is to buy light weight campers ... We found a 2004 Starcraft Antigua in great shape one owner ( older couple ) still had all the original manuals and even the sales sticker ... Imo we got a great deal and got the camper for 3k ... We had to put some money into it just to spruce it up and do some maintainence but we love it and couldn't be happier ... So far we've been to Gettysburg and lake George

Welcome. I see a few Jeeps pulling trailers out there, but not many.  How does the Jeep handle with the trailer in tow? I use my Jeep as a toad behind my MH, but I have wondered how capable they are.

$3,000 sounds like a good deal. We stayed at Gettysburg for about a week and did a tour of the battleground on Segways.

Haven't heard of Lake George.

Welcome to THE RV FORUM, and congratulations on the new rig.

Most likely you will have a few questions and we enjoy helping.  Just ask.

It is also suggested that you participate in our many discussions.  It is a great way to get to know other forum members and make some new friends.

Welcome aboard!

How to make a signature for your RV so we can serve you better.

1. Click "Profile" button towards the top of the screen.

2. Scroll down a ways and select "Modify Profile"

3. Select Forum Profile

4. Fill it out and click on "Change profile".

Thank you everyone appreciate the welcome !

It actually tows really well ... I have 4.10 gears and have the jeep really setup for rock crawling so I have an upgraded suspension which with the weight distribution hitch really helps with rear sag ...

In Gettysburg we stayed at drummer boy campground and it was a great place however the hwy was really loud and there was a strong sewage odor pending on the wind direction

Here is a link to a video I took the first time we used our new to us camper ...

https://youtu.be/PcZuw6udd4w

It's a modest setup but being in our early 20s with student loans and a mortgage ( plus our lower tow limit ) it was the best we could get and honestly we love it, it's a perfect mix of camping with some of the comforts of home !!

You've got a nice rig!!!!  We did much the same thing back in the early 1980's and had a great time with it.  Only it was an IHC Scout and a Scamper tent trailer.  Have Fun!!

Thank you ! Yea sometimes the more simple something is and ( not having a payment on it ) the more you can actually enjoy it ...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ladygadget
Back
Top Bottom