New Class C under 25 ft....any opinions ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We took the plunge and bought a 2003 Allegro 31DA yesterday. We went to a dealer in Charleston to see the floor plan and learn a bit more about motorhomes but had no intentions of purchasing. I thought we were going to go see the one in Ohio that I posted about earlier. Yet when we saw this one we could not pass it up. Interior like new, very light and open, low miles (22,000) and the exterior is still nice. Our deal includes new tires all around, cleaning and re-sealing the roof and other details. We love the dealer. He also insists that we take advantage of his free 2 or 3 day New RVer school in a nearby campground when we pick it up.

I would not have gotten to this point without all the great advice I got from all of you. Thanks for helping me see the merits of "larger" and Class A versus Class C. My wife (DW as you all say) loves it. After our first look at it the dealer took us through about 5 or 6 other coaches (none for sale) that he has there for service etc. All were larger and more expensive but when we got back to the Allegro we both said to each other ..."I like the Allegro better than any of the others". This dealer only buys a few brands and styles. He said after 25 years he has learned what the real good ones are and he searches them out.

By the way, I am going to start a blog and want to know what blogging services RVers use? Any thoughts on blogging sites?

In the next post I will try to put up a photo....when I tried before it deleted my whole post because photo too big.....

Thanks, Jim

Hopefully, attached is a photo of the 2003 Allegro we purchased yesterday.

Jim

Attachments

• 2003 Allegro for email.jpg
    2003 Allegro for email.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 37
Congrats Jim...... New tires and roof sealing is a great.....maybe you can ask what tires they plan to install. If they are cheap tires, you might want to offer to pay the difference for a better quality tire.

If it helps, I found this video of that model coach...... nice layout-out. I'm sure that you will be happy for many years to come.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4eyChi2wlk

I have blog site so I posted one about our experience here:

http://frippgrandpa.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/our-new-motor-home/

Again, thanks to all of you who gave me advice during the last 3 weeks

Jim

The dealer in Charleston is PalmettoRV. They are actually in Mt. Pleasant, owner's name is Mike...this guy is great!

Jim

I bought a Four Winds 31 L. We love the floor plan, more than enough room. However, from my limited experience, if you buy a new RV you will be fixing, and tweeking brackets, loose or missing screws, etc. for as long as you own it. It's part of driving a moving house. It's still worth the time sense RVing is awesome!

lucille said:
However, from my limited experience, if you buy a new RV you will be fixing, and tweeking brackets, loose or missing screws, etc. for as long as you own it. It's part of driving a moving house. It's still worth the time sense RVing is awesome!

Way back when -- I had a boat that I kept at Brown's Ravine Marina on Folsom Lake East of Sacramento. A sign over the entrance read, "There's nothing quite so enjoyable as just messing around with your boat". I've found the same thing to be true with my RV's.

Well, other than the time I broke down on the 5 with a transmission problem . . .  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gregcss43
Back
Top Bottom