New concept in a luxury 5W

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Forest River has developed a new luxury-class 5W with some features seldom seen before in a 5W.
https://camperreport.com/new-luxury-fifth-wheel-offers-ranch-house-living/

The new River Ranch model is all on one level inside - no stairs to the front room - and has a full basement similar to the best Class A motorhoomes. Maybe even better, since the bays are wide open and easy to get at without bumping the head on a slide. It also brings back a basement heat pump, getting rid of the roof air units altogether.  For the tall folk, interior ceilings are 84" throughout. It's a big honker, about 42 ft overall length but described as a 39 ft floor plan.

MSRP will be in the vicinity of $90k.

Thanks Gary - I have been shopping for a new RV. I have been looking at Park models and I am going to wait before I pull the trigger. This is a possibility. I like it a lot. :)) :)) :))

Very impressive. And, for what you get, I think $90,000 is a decent price. I'll take two of them.  ;D

Interesting, I like all the storage. As much as we go in and out of our 5th wheel I don't like the added steps in the entry way. Other than a few items it is a very nice camper and putting the ac in the basement nice.

I have to wonder where the heat from the air conditioner will go.  Heat pumps I'm aware of have their business end out-of-doors.
That's a lot of storage room: what's the recommended CCC?

I think the height of the entry steps is going to be major negative. The entry on larger 5W and class A's is already high and this looks to be even taller, since you can supposedly walk under the slides. But once you get inside, it's no doubt flat and spacious.

Every feature in an RV is a tradeoff against something else, so we (and Forest River) will just have to wait to see how buyers weigh the pros and cons of the design.

I was wondering how many outside steps there are.  The idea of none inside was appealing to me but,yes,more outside doesn?t make it easier.  Then I saw it could handle a lift.  Ah,steps are just killer on my knees.

I don?t care for the bathroom.  I would rather have more space than two sinks.  Plus those sinks look like more to clean.  Being raised like that just makes me think it would be at risk for chips.  IDK

But,heck,we are not in the market for a new RV.  It?s still fun to look at the options.  Some people like cars,I like campers.?‍♀️

With a GVWR of some 18,000 pounds wouldn't a triple axle setup be better?

On that topic I saw a review by FLT of a triple axle where the third axle could be raised to allow better maneuverability while backing up.  Seemed like a decent idea, but one with some complexity. 

The design is intriguing and the price doesn't seem outlandish, but my first thought was when looking at the basement was that I don't believe my freezer would fit. While there is a tremendous amount of basement storage, it appears to have less height than my 5W. For that reason I guess I'll pass  ;)

I'd love to walk through one though

The two steps inside the door would rule out using a ramp to get in and out if you're mobility impaired.  And basement air that blows through floor registers usually does a poor job of cooling the interior (cold air sinks).

msw3113 said:
I have to wonder where the heat from the air conditioner will go.  Heat pumps I'm aware of have their business end out-of-doors.
That's a lot of storage room: what's the recommended CCC?
In the link that Gary provided in the opening post:  https://palominorv.com/fifth-wheels/river-ranch the basement air & heat pump share the duct work with the gas furnace.  Or if you mean the heat from the condenser side of the air conditioner I'm sure the air conditioner is mounted so it exhausts to the outside.

The ac is probably the packaged 2 ton like Winnebago and some other manufacturers used to use. My Journey has one. The condenser air exhausts out the side. Condensate drips on to the ground below the coach instead of running off the roof and down the side,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom