New England Park Campsite Recommendations.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GregScott

I'm looking for national forest campgrounds in scenic areas in NH, VT, and CT, the last week in September and the first two weeks in October.
National Parks are affordable, I have an Access Pass. State parks campgrounds would be nice, but more expensive alternates.
I'm interested primarily in nature photography, so scenic autumn, waterfalls, covered bridges, etc are my primary interests.
Is it dreaming to hope for first come first serve campsites in this location and time?
Any suggests for the really choice campgrounds?
I drive a pickup with an Aliner pop-up camper.
Dry camping is my normal mode, but with my wife with me,  flush toilets and showers would be a plus.
Also, photogenic destinations, like scenic highways would be nice to know, if you have a favorite.
Green Mountains, White mountains, and so on.

Lived in Vermont for 10 years, not a lot of National Forest Camp grounds in Vermont, more in New Hampshire: Look at this site:

http://www.recreation.gov/unifSearchResults.do?topTabIndex=Search

I tried Vermont, arrive 9/22 with a 2 week flexibility, 15 ft Trailer. Came up with just one campground. New Hampshire came up with 10 Campgrounds.

Watch because you are looking for "standard" sites. New Hampshire looks to be all dry camp, while the one in Vermont has some electric sites. Under each campground if you click on the "more" at the end of the description you will get a lot more information about the campground.

If you click on "Book Sites" under a Campground and then chose a site you will get more information about the actual site. I think this is a great tool to use.

Sorry I have never been to any of these -we used mostly State CGs, which where cheap when we live there (90's), but I have use this site to select campgrounds elsewhere and it generally provides accurate information.

Beautiful area to visit.

ken

We are planning a trip first 2 weeks of October.  Seems like most of the camp sites close in early to mid October.?

Back
Top Bottom