NEw England's best RV parks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, but where in New England?  and how do you define a "best RV Park?

New England covers a fair amount of territory - any particular interest?

Folks often have different ideas what makes a great RV Park. My own ideas have certainly changed over the years as I have gotten older and my rig has gotten larger.

Give us a little more guidance on what you want.

ken

I, too, will be curious to see responses as hubby and i are planning trip to western Mass mid-Sept, then traveling on throughout NH, VT, Maine coast b4 heading home to SC. I haven't seen too much mention of 'decent' parks that have full hookup and can handle a 34' DP. We could drycamp for a few days if we had to b/c we like our prvacy. the place we're at now in middle-GA is too full of 'permanents' who have added on, only come out on wkends, etc.

As Sheila stated, NE is large with diverse places.  If you like rustic mountain settings, the White Mountains offer lots, we like the Bethel ME area, cities, Wampatuck State Park 12 miles from the Boston Commons, beach  Salisbury State Park on the MA/NH border.  Acadia National Park offer quaint setting, and on it goes.  You can even find desert camping at Freeport ME, and be near it at Acadia NP.

Ed

We worked one summer at Exeter Elms Campground in NH. We had a 34' MH. They have a few sites with full hookups but most are just water and electric but they do have a dump station. As we drove around there area in our car we found there are really not a lot of RV parks and those we did see had mostly long term. We are from the west where there are RV parks everywhere. Your best bet would be to look for state parks and theme/resort parks. There you will find RV hookups.

Go to Passport America or Good Sam Club websites. You can get an idea of where all the RV parks are without having to even be members. You might be able to do the same with KOA's website.

Lobster festival in Rockport me August 1-5.  Two CG's in the area.  Old orchard Beach at Powder Horn CG.  Newfound CG Bridgewater NH near Newfound Lake  Cape Cod has two cg.  Amesbrook CG in Ashland NH

Quechee KOA, Vt....great sites and accommodating personnel.
Shore Hills Campground at Boothbay, Maine....wonderful sites and down home management, no credit cards taken, just checks and cash
Narrows 2, Bar Harbor, Maine......a little pricey but worth it if you want an ocean site
Have a great time in our New England

Thanks so much for all these suggestions...especially for those near coast in Maine.  Wish we could be there for lobster festival but hoping there still be plenty available when we get there end of Sept.!

One of my favorites on Cape Cod is the Cape Cod RV Resort.. Great staff. Clean was a whistle. They really care. And an ADULT pool. Don't even think about bringing anyone under 21 to this pool.  Woodalls 5 and 5. 

rdanger said:
Quechee KOA, Vt....great sites and accommodating personnel.

Sorry to hear that Pine Valley RV Park in Quechee became KOA. It used to be a great family run campground. (not a KOA fan)

Anyway, if your in that area be sure to go to the Simon Pierce Glass Blowing factory/Store/Restaurant (good place to eat looking over the river). Also visit his Hydro electric plant on the site.

ken

Unlike many others, the Pine Valley has not changed.  If you did not see the sign you would not know it was a KOA.

Ken & Sheila said:
Sorry to hear that Pine Valley RV Park in Quechee became KOA. It used to be a great family run campground. (not a KOA fan)

Anyway, if your in that area be sure to go to the Simon Pierce Glass Blowing factory/Store/Restaurant (good place to eat looking over the river). Also visit his Hydro electric plant on the site.

ken

It's still a great park Ken & Sheila.....very accommodating....one of the best parks we have ever been in!

Well, thank you all for the great recommendations! I guess to be more specific I'll share my thoughts regarding what we're looking for.

Pet friendly
Over 55 community mostly
Water, electric & sewer
Wooded or slightly wooded
Lake, stream or pond is always nice
Flat & easy to level would be nice

I'm new to this and I need to do a few shakedown cruises close to home (Danbury, CT) before I hit the road.

Keystone Vantage 29RLS
2011 F150 EcoBoost

Sorry but in New England you won't find much in the over 55 category (none that I am aware of) - now in Arizona around Phoenix probably half the parks are 55+.

Pine Valley RV Park in Quechee, VT comes fairly close. Normandy Farms (mentioned by Coach_Frank) is nice but on weekends there are a LOT of kids. Also in the past low voltage has been a problem when it is hot.

Well, the good thing for us is that I work every weekend so most of our short trips will be early to mid-week and probably after labor day. Know VT well, lived in Burlington for 20 years, will certainly investigate Quechee! Thanks for your input!

Rvoorhis said:
Well, thank you all for the great recommendations! I guess to be more specific I'll share my thoughts regarding what we're looking for.

Pet friendly
Over 55 community mostly
Water, electric & sewer
Wooded or slightly wooded
Lake, stream or pond is always nice
Flat & easy to level would be nice

Danforth Bay in NH has an over 50 separate section called The Bluffs. We visited Danforth Bay about 5 years ago and really enjoyed it. Took a walk to The Bluffs, and thought it was pretty nice. It may be worth looking into.

I'm new to this and I need to do a few shakedown cruises close to home (Danbury, CT) before I hit the road.

Keystone Vantage 29RLS
2011 F150 EcoBoost
Edit: Fixed quote.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob007
Back
Top Bottom