NEW FORUM FLAGS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom:

Have you investigated the website that I sent you in order to blow up the file size.  Get that done and I can manipulate the image from there to fit what you want.

Yes I did Ron, but they don't actually offer a free download. What they offer is to enlarge an image for you. I'm not sure if it's a 1-shot deal, so I figured I'd wait until I've made sure I have the highest resolution image(s) before submittng.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Tom,

You mean you don't have complete access to your home computers while on the road? We need to update your virtual network!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

LOL Don. Whether we're on the road, on the water, or in the air, my "home" computers are with me at all times in addition to my external hard drive(s), so I have 24/7/365 access  ;D  I'm pretty sure I have 99.xxx% of our forum stuff and archives going back to whenever with me but, since I recently lost an external HD, I'm waiting until we get home to see if I have some additional stuff on CDs.

I actually have a bunch of the arvchive CDs with me too, but there are some very old ones that I consciously left at home, thinking I wouldn't need them  :(

I will take one flag.  Where do I send the money?

Someone should have told us at QZ this was happening before I forked out money for an outdated one. 

Smoky,

Hang onto your money until Fred Thomas tells you he needs it.

Use can use the other flag at Compuserve rallies  ;D

Smoky said:
Someone should have told us at QZ this was happening before I forked out money for an outdated one. 

Smoky,

There are REAL forum flags and NEWBIE forum flags.  You have a REAL forum flag.  When you fly both at a rally, the REAL forum flag should be displayed higher than the NEWBIE forum flag.  :)

Phil

Phil!

What a grand answer.  That does, actually make me feel a whole lot better.  From newbie to veteran old timer in just a year.  I will fly the old one proudly!  :D

Smoky said:
Phil!

What a grand answer.  That does, actually make me feel a whole lot better.  From newbie to veteran old timer in just a year.  I will fly the old one proudly!  :D

Smoky,

You're not alone. I just ordered a newbie flag but still have an original that has never been flown. Guess I'll have to upgrade my flagpole system. May need to install a yardarm!!! :)

Whoa, folks. Slow down a bit. There aren't any new flags to order yet - Fred is getting quotes from vendors and Tom & Ron M. are working on an improved graphic to make a flag from.  At this point we are pretty much just expressing to Fred our interest in getting a new flag when they become available.  I'm sure Fred will let us know when a final price is determined and a tentative delivery date set.

Jim Dick said:
Smoky,

You're not alone. I just ordered a newbie flag but still have an original that has never been flown. Guess I'll have to upgrade my flagpole system. May need to install a yardarm!!! :)

It will be easy to spot a rally, there will be yellow flags all over the place. ;D

Jeff /Washington said:
It will be easy to spot a rally, there will be yellow flags all over the place. ;D

Only Smoky's new flag will be yellow, so he'll be easy to spot  ;D

Thanks for the logo. We'll add it to the mix for discussion at the Moab rally next week.

I have not been able to do anything with the flag project for many weeks now and it might be several weeks before I can do much more.  Not able to go to Moab and am not sure about Torrey yet.

I see there is discussion about flag design in progress.  I will up date you on what I have found out from two of the companies that were contacted.  The 6.5" by 6.5" logo I sent as the design is no good for purposes of making a flag.  The transmission to them must be a Vector file?? and in the .EPS extension.  I know nothing about those formats.  That requirement allows them to size the logo without visible pixels showing.    Looks like the price per will be between $43 and $47 each.  If any artwork needs to be done by them the cost is $56 an hour.

So - with all the discussion going on - I suggest you design a flag while at Moab or form an online group to do it.  I do not want to get mixed up in any confrontation where 40 people have 40 different ideas as what a flag should look like.  Daisy and I designed the present flags and there was no discussion - we did it.

EPS is Encapsulated PostScript and is desireable because of the scalilng problem.  A bit map just doesn't scale like a vector format.  I believe that Photshop should be able to create an EPS file as output.  I don't have PS but I know several members do.

Fred,

What format did you use to design the original flag and how was it transmitted to the flag supplier? I don't think we need 40 people designing the new flag and I'd gladly defer to you and Daisy. My comment about deciding at Moab was meant to suggest I'd be talking with you about a couple of options. I think I confused things by sending you the logo when you asked for "a graphic". More via email.

I will settle for any flag of any design.  I agree with Tom.  Whoever takes this thankless task on ought to have the freedom to go with it.  Count me in when it comes time to buy one, even if it is a snapshot of Tom overnighting at WM!  ;D

Smoky said:
I will settle for any flag of any design. I agree with Tom. Whoever takes this thankless task on ought to have the freedom to go with it. Count me in when it comes time to buy one, even if it is a snapshot of Tom overnighting at WM! ;D

How about a green and white background with a red dragon in the center sitting on a Class A motorhome?

Smoky said:
I will settle for any flag of any design.  I agree with Tom.  Whoever takes this thankless task on ought to have the freedom to go with it.  Count me in when it comes time to buy one, even if it is a snapshot of Tom overnighting at WM!  ;D

I've put my name down for a flag so I feel that I have permission to echo Smoky's point.  What's more I have every confidence in Fred's & Daisy's ability to deliver a good forum flag for the Framily.
Ciao,

Doug

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom