New Function - Ignoring a Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
I know several of you asked about ignoring threads like the Wordle one.

The background team have created a way to now do this on any "Thread" you are not interested in.

There is now an "IGNORE" button. It will ask you to confirm and give the option to mute notifications.

Be aware that there may be some areas where this function is not available. This is to ensure you don't miss any important Forum information.

See screenshots from my mobile showing an example.

Be good to know what you think.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240406_164839_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_164839_Chrome.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20240406_165407_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240406_165407_Chrome.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 4
I also like the new "OP" that I never noticed before in our avatars here for the original poster of a thread. That is handy.

I really like this forum SW. I wish all forums everywhere would use it.

-Don- Reno, NV

I also like the new "OP" that I never noticed before in our avatars here for the original poster of a thread.
Thanks for mentioning that, Don- I'd not spotted it 'til you mentioned it. It apparently doesn't show up on the original post, only on the subsequent posts in that thread by the OP -- really handy! Thanks, staff.

I also like the new "OP" that I never noticed before in our avatars here for the original poster of a thread. That is handy.

I really like this forum SW. I wish all forums everywhere would use it.

-Don- Reno, NV
Yes another additional bonus!

A useful tool for sure. I've been able to read threads I want by simply ignoring a certain group of people (put in my ignoring spot) and you'd be surprise how much shorter some of these threads are when you don't have to read
from that group!!

I've been able to do that ever since the start of the WWW - simply scroll by anything that didn't interest me... :)
Of course everyone has their personal preferences and giving users more options to enhance their viewing is always good.

For myself, I've been participating in various forums from, as you mention "since the start of the WWW" and while there's been some folks that I pretty much ignore, I've seen the need to use a forum's Ignore feature.

Same with the ability ignore a thread. Glance at "New" threads and it's trivial to just pass by threads I don't care to view.

Also, perhaps not in this forum, but in some cases people who claim to Ignore another, in fact don't. Guess they just can't resist seeing what the ignoree is saying about them. :rolleyes:

Now I won’t have to not click on a thread to not see what’s in it.
Another great feature is the ability, on a PC at least, to just hover your mouse over a topic and get a pop where you can view a few lines of that topic to decide if it seems like something you might want to view. Very useful.

Back
Top Bottom