New Guy from California

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phrogman

Wife and I just purchased a 2018 Freedom Express 246RKS.  This is our second trailer.  We hardly used our first one but we intend to wear the tires out on this one.  Looking forward to reading the posts and getting educated about RV'ing.  On a personal note, I retired from the Marine Corps after 28 years (retired in 2001).  Currently working as a Navy civilian at NAWS China Lake.  VFW member, American Legion and Patriot Guard Rider.

For a time I was a Crew Chief on the CH-46 Sea Knight, commonly referred to as a CH-46 "Phrog" (hence the username).       

First of all, thank you for your service! Secondly, welcome to the forum. I am curious why you didn't use your previous trailer but are certain you will use this one a lot. Of course, that is none of my business, but it occurred to me that unless your life circumstances have changed or the original trailer was unsuitable in some way, you will need to be rather intentional about using the new trailer.

Participating in the discussions on this forum always whets my appetite for camping. So, join in the fun. Check the Library (button above) for general information. Post questions (there are no dumb questions, if you don't know the answers), and post answers when you have some valuable information to share.

Again, thank you and welcome!  :D

Thank you for your question and reply.  We purchased our first trailer as an emergency / temporary place for a family member to stay until they could get back on their feet.  We thought that we would also use it for traveling but as with many things in life, things do not always go as planned.  Needless to say we did not get a lot of "travel" use out of the trailer and when things eventually got back to normal, we lost interest and sold the trailer to a family friend.

This time we are buying the trailer for us.  We have two dogs that are very special to us and this is the perfect way for us to take our dogs with us on weekend get aways and longer trips.  This April we will be traveling to Florida to visit our oldest son and it will be great to have our dogs with us.  Because "A goal without a plan is just a wish", we are planning some short trips to the beach at Pt Mugu and then up to Monterey this summer. 

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom