New improvement for workshop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marty,

I was thinking about your recent maintenance fluid changes when I posted that.

I recently changed all my fluids and filters.

It costs about $1,000 for all the fluids and filters but it probably saved me about $1,000 in labor costs.

I went and bought a handy transfer pump on a 5 gallon bucket from Tractor Supply that makes it easy to pump fluid into a fill point or dipstick tube.  I also have large catch basins for draining fluids.  The NAPA down the hill takes all my recycled fluids that I put back in the original gallon jugs.

I even have a few Fumoto Valves in my give away box.

Maybe next time.

Attachments

• r20180611_205046.jpg
    r20180611_205046.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 21
  • r20180611_212226.jpg
    r20180611_212226.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 24
I'll take you up on that Bill! I'm not afraid of getting a little dirty. And I always know that after I am done, it was done the way I want it. I'll be in touch!

I am seriously considering one of those Fumoto  valves myself. It sure would make things easy. 

I will save you one for free.

Make sure that your drain plug is 1/2 inch.  That is what my Cummins takes.

They sure make it easier than getting used diesel oil or as I call it "Black Paint" all over your hands.

I reread your post on the service that you had done.

The difference in my parts cost was I also changed 5 gallons of Transyn, transmission filters, the new non SCA antifreeze, coolant filters, generator oil, filter and antifreeze and fuel filter.

Edit:  I just went to the Fomoto web site and the F-101 is for the Mustang.  I think we need a 5/8 size for Cummins.

What engine do you have?  ISX?

The web site for fumoto does not list an L9 Cummins.

There is an L10 that calls for a 5/8 size.

The 1/2 inch one that I have is too small.  I have not gone thru all the boxes that I have.  I ordered a dozen of these valves back awhile ago.  I gave several of them to Jeep guys as a Moderator on the Jeep Commander site.

These valves used to be about $16.  Some of them are upwards of $50 now.

Back
Top Bottom