New in Central Florida

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seareach

Hi all,
DW and I are looking to purchase our first motorhome.  We are looking at a class A from ppl (A101NB).  It says they offer an extended warranty.  Is the warranty a good idea?  Are they any good?
Thanks in advance.
Pat

Welcome to the Forum!

Warranties come in several forms, including extended, and they are hotly debated as to cost verses value. You will find several conversations by searching "extended warranty" via the Search function on the Forum.

For a first time buyer, I personally will recommend that you do lots of homework on the coverage, ask some questions here, and then decide. When we were brand new, we bought one for our diesel pusher, and only had to use it once. By the end of that period, I had much more experience with what goes wrong and how, and had a maintenance history. The new coach we did not buy an extended warranty, but do carry the Coach-Net service for use if we have an issue on the road.

Lots of folks will provide their stories and perhaps that will help you make an informed decision. The warranties are a very good source of income to the dealer but as with all such things, they have a purpose, sometimes to your benefit, other times not so much.

Good luck with your shopping!

Kim

Welcome to the forum.  There are lots of folks here who can help!

When we recently purchased our new Winnebago Aspect 30J I added the extended warranty to the deal. The list price was $4,995.00 and I got it down to $2,995.00.

Thanks for welcome to the forum.  I've been reading quite a bit here trying to soak up some of your wisdom.  I'm sure more of it will sink in when I have something in the driveway.

Gary, we live just south of you in DeLand.  I grew up in North Dakota and I must say the weather here is much better.

Oscar Mike, thanks for your idea.  I hadn't thought of haggling on warranty price.  After reading several of the treads about extended warranties, I am leaning towards not getting one.  However, if the fine print isn't too bad and the price isn't too high, then I might be convinced.  The ones we have been looking at seem to have been taken care of very well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom