New Orleans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loddy

Anyone down in New Orleans at the moment ?? we are hoping to travel down and stay at the Pontchartrain Landing RV park, they will take a booking but need all the money up front, their excuse for this is the park is full booked by insurance assessors.

Loddy 8)

they will take a booking but need all the money up front, their excuse for this is the park is full booked by insurance assessors.

Not really all that unusual. Last year we saw the same thing near Knoxville when all the parks were full of insurance adjusters (company and independent), roofers, and siding installers. There was a huge hail storm that went through in the spring and tore up a lot of homes drawing the adjusters and workers. RV parks are just trying to maximize income while they can.

We were at Pontchartrain Landing on our way home from the Rio Grande Valley last year and we had to pay for the week upfront which I do not like to do they said it was to secure a spot because they have been full well they were not full the whole week we were there

In this case, probably justified. Hurricane Isaac took a big toll in the area, although not on the same scale as Katrina, and it will take a couple of weeks to clear the backlog of out of towners. Hurricanes on the Gulf Coast put a lot of pressure on many different types of businesses, especially anything hospitality oriented. You will see some price gouging in certain areas, but it's just how it works in a stressed supply and demand local economy.

Rereading your post, though, it would depend on how far in advance we are talking about, and what the refund policy is. I am a little leery of parks I don't know requiring full payment without a "right of refusal on arrival". In this case, I believe this park is well reviewed, and I might not have that same issue if I was about a week or so out.

Just left a week before the storm, the owners were great, and I believe we had to pay in advance as well.

They are on the water, and I can see some of the sites getting damaged. They did not look as they had many sites.i would guess 100.

Nice campground easy acess to the French Quarter. Easy on/off I10  depending if you are Traveling east or west

Hmmm. Lake Fausse Pointe state park, and New Iberia, and The Cafe Royale a block from the square would be my haunts. I think day trips to the big dirty would be my style, timed for lunch, perhaps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elvislivesontimbits
Back
Top Bottom