New Project, Solar for Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update:

Several of us have been chasing around for a solution as to why the new system was not working nearly as well as the old one, especially given that it has 300 amp/hours more battery capacity than the old one.

First, I ordered and replaced the Invertor needlessly thinking it was damaged in the fire. It was not.

It was performing as if only one battery was in the loop.

We changed out each battery one at a time and all of them seemed to individually work when attached to the Invertor, but not with the full rated capacity when connected together.

We upgraded all the cable to 4/0, checked all the lugs, added a second ground strap, and removed and replaced and tightened all the connections.

I ordered another 300 A/H battery, thinking maybe the fire had caused internal damage to one of them. The price has dropped considerably since I bought the original ones, from $1199 to $899.

I finally found the problem. It was operator error.

The four charge controllers are networked with the 3000I acting as the Master controller at address 0, and the three others acting as address #1, #2 and #3.

The default address setting from the factory is setting for all of them as a Master at #0.

I was the problem in that I had neglected to change the dip switches on all of the three slave controllers from address #0.

Only the Master charge controller was working correctly.

Problem solved.

Since I bought another LIthium battery, I will replace the twp AGMs that power the coach DC.

I am also adding a Lithium charger conversion to the Convertor/charger as well as a dedicated battery monitor for the front coach 300 A/H battery.

I guess that we learn by our mistakes.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
richielk
Back
Top Bottom