New to Forum and RVing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2 Loggies

Howdy folks!  My DW and I put a down payment on our first RV earlier today and are excited about joining the RV community.  I've scanned the library and see a ton of interesting items, many we're not experienced enough to even to have thought about yet.  Most of all we look forward to meeting many new folks along the way.

Welcome to the Forum.

Before you take delivery of your new RV be sure to read and understand the pre delivery checklist in the Libary.  Also look thru any other resource there to help you in checking out your new RV.

Have lots of good times and enjoy your new RV

Congratulations. What did you decide to buy?

In addition to the large amount of info you found in our forum Library, when time permits check out our Resources for RVers and Glossary of RV Terms (buttons in the menu above). Also, feel free to ask questions and one or more of our experts will try to get it answered.

We bought a 2007 Newmar Kountry Star DP, 36 foot.  We took delivery yesterday (had a friend with 20+ experience help with the PDI).  I must admit the maiden drive home was a little tense at times; Colleyville Tx to north of Tyler Tx.  I had never driven anything bigger than a 1/2 pick-up pulling a boat (other than the short RV test drive).  The first hour driving through the DFW mid-cities and Dallas with heavy traffic kept my attention pretty well.  Once outside of Dallas County it was nice and relaxed.  The RV we purchased drives / rides nice and smooth; did feel the wind at times though.

I used this forum to build a short list of the basic equipment and supplies needed to support our 1st trail camping; heading off to a local State Park for a couple nights early this next week.

Thank you all for the welcome and we look forward to tapping into the forum's wealth of knowledge and experience.

2 Loggies (Brent and Bonnie)

:eek: 2008-11-17 (Published by NHTSA on 2008-11-17)
Recall Summary: NEWMAR IS RECALLING 913 MY 2007-2009 ALL STAR ME, DUTCH STAR DP, MY 2007-2008 KOUNTRY STAR DP, MY 2007 MOUNTAIN AIRE DP, AND MY 2009 DUTCH AIRE DP AND VENTANA DP MOTOR HOMES BUILT ON SPARTAN CHASSIS AND EQUIPPED WITH PUTNAM HITCHES. AFTER SOME PERIOD OF USE, CERTAIN TRAILER HITCHES MAY DEVELOP STRESS FRACTURES DUE TO SHARP RADII AND /OR TOOL MARKING.
Hazard: FRACTURES IN THE SUSPECT HITCHES MAY RESULT IN HITCH SEPARATION, POTENTIALLY RESULTING IN INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Remedy: NEWMAR IS WORKING WITH SPARTAN WHO WILL REPLACE THE TRAILER HITCH FREE OF CHARGE (PLEASE SEE 08V567). OWNERS MAY CONTACT SPARTAN AT 1-517-543-6400 OR NEWMAR AT 1-574-773-7791. 
Additional Info: CUSTOMERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV.
NHTSA Source: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallresults.cfm?start=1&SearchType=QuickSearch&rcl_ID=08V596000  :eek:

Researching Dutch Star DP motor coaches I found this recall... yours may have been already repaired but is worth checking into!

Keith

That first hour of driving must have been fun but you are a much wiser man by now...my first hour was in the dark on a narrow two lane highway with a ton of oncoming truck traffic.

I'll never forget it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TessInBandon
Back
Top Bottom