New to here and RVing!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flmedic4

Hi! Christine and Michael here from Northeast Florida (Middleburg)...I'm a paramedic and my husband is an EMT/fire fighter. We just bought a "new" 1966 blue bird flat nose bus which was converted (professionally) to a motorhome in the 80's-but now needs some TLC. We have to redo the outside (painting) and replace what the "professionals" did where the windows were. I believe it is sheet metal because it is rusted pretty bad. That is the ONLY rust on this bus and it runs great! we are very lucky -so far!!!! The bus had ALOT of the original parts (lights, air horns, instrument panel). The inside is an 80's motif and there is no carpet/flooring-but the sub floor is good. I will have a lot to do on the inside but for the most part everything is good! I have redone a "free" (hahahahhahaha  ;D) pop up from top to bottom and that was no fun so I realize how lucky we are..All the lights and everything work..

If anyone has any advice please feel fee to post. Thankfully my husband is like the professor from Gilligan's island with tools and creating the taj mahal from nothing..oh! the bus originally transported nuns from Jacksonville to the convent in or around orlando--so I am hoping for some good Karma! It has a place to put the destination card and I would like to name it "Nun ya business" but he thinks its WAYYYYY to corny...can we vote? Anyone have any other ideas???  If no one minds I would like to post pics along the way....thanks again!!!!

I think Nun ya business is great!

Welcome to The RV Forum!  I think you have a wonderful project ahead of you.  As you work through it you will likely have some questions and we are here for you.  Our library has some useful information also.

And please do post photos, we love to watch.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from one firefighter family to another. 
Isn't it wonderful to only work nine days a month. It sure does free up time complete our rv projects.

Your going to have a blast!!

Lora

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fth
Back
Top Bottom