New-to-me song to learn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
In the learning hopper for the holiday season, an Alan Jackson Christmas-country classic. For the musically inclined it's in 12/8 time, switches to 6/8 for part of the 3rd refrain, then switches back to 12/8. Wish I could mimic Jackson's voice.

Wow! I admire you for attempting to play and sing that song. It sure sounds like a difficult song to sing, and playing it on a guitar while singing would be quite a feat.

Reactions: Tom
Tougher to get 50+ folks playing and singing it at the same time :)

Tougher to get 50+ folks playing and singing it at the same time :)
I could do it with simple chords through college, but I have a dreadful time now. I don’t play guitar anymore, but singing and playing the piano requires more effort than it did when I was younger!

I could do it with simple chords through college, but I have a dreadful time now. I don’t play guitar anymore, but singing and playing the piano requires more effort than it did when I was younger!
It has a tough melody that a lot of folks can't seem to sing.

Tom, do they get hung upon the rhythm? The notes don’t seem to be difficult. I was humming along by the third verse. A lot of people have a difficult time with triple and quadruple meter.

Tom, do they get hung upon the rhythm? The notes don’t seem to be difficult. I was humming along by the third verse. A lot of people have a difficult time with triple and quadruple meter.
I was talking generically; Some folks don't sing and would have trouble singing the Happy Birthday song :( Fortunately, my voice is loud enough that I don't hear them.

Back
Top Bottom