New to the forum, from NJ.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill & Gail

Gail and I usually snowbird in the winter. I'm retired from the Army. During the summer we go to local campgrounds with the grandkids. Our middle daughter and her husband have a 5th wheel and usually go to the campgrounds with us. This year we are unable to go south as I'm starting treatment for Leukemia.

Gail and I usually snowbird in the winter. I'm retired from the Army. During the summer we go to local campgrounds with the grandkids. Our middle daughter and her husband have a 5th wheel and usually go to the campgrounds with us. This year we are unable to go south as I'm starting treatment for Leukemia.
Welcome!

That's a bummer about the Leukemia. Do you mind if I ask if it's chronic or the acute type? Are you sure you cannot get treatment as you travel?

Do you use the VA?

I use the VA in Reno even though I could use other plans. I am happy with the VA in Reno, NV. I also live in Reno as well as here in CA. I just came here from Reno yesterday.

I was an 11B in the Central Higland Jungles of RVN back in 1969-70. I was also the Cambodia incursion of 1970. Ft Lewis, WA before Vietnam and Ft Carson, CO after.

-Don- Auburn, CA

It's CLL. I won't be ale to travel for about 2-3 months. The first 6 weeks I'll be getting infusions. I'm using a civilian Dr. I started a claim with the VA.

Welcome!

That's a bummer about the Leukemia. Do you mind if I ask if it's chronic or the acute type? Are you sure you cannot get treatment as you travel?

Do you use the VA?

I use the VA in Reno even though I could use other plans. I am happy with the VA in Reno, NV. I also live in Reno as well as here in CA. I just came here from Reno yesterday.

I was an 11B in the Central Higland Jungles of RVN back in 1969-70. I was also the Cambodia incursion of 1970. Ft Lewis, WA before Vietnam and Ft Carson, CO after.

-Don- Auburn, CA
It's CLL (chronic). I won't be ale to travel for about 2-3 months. The first 6 weeks I'll be getting infusions. I'm using a civilian Dr. I started a claim with the VA. I was actually in the Navy on Submarines 69-74, got out and went Army. I was mostly graphics, transportation and did ammo for a training command.

It's CLL. I won't be ale to travel for about 2-3 months. The first 6 weeks I'll be getting infusions. I'm using a civilian Dr. I started a claim with the VA.
OIC. So that you cannot travel is temporary.

I am quite familiar with CLL. One of my best friends, Mark had CLL. We used to hike together, and no way could I keep up with him. We knew each other since 1960. We became good friends after we got into a big fight as kids and I smashed his head into a fence (seriously!).

He served in Vietnam also, Army Intelligence in Saigon.

He lived quite well with CLL for many years but died of its complications around 15 years ago.

Mark was this guy here.

Also, the brother of one of my retired coworkers, who is now a retired cop from Napa CA, was diagnosed with CLL a couple of years ago. He is still doing fine.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Almanac Online - Lasting Memories - Mark Zamen's memorial

OIC. So that you cannot travel is temporary.

I am quite familiar with CLL. One of my best friends, Mark had CLL. We used to hike together, and no way could I keep up with him. We knew each other since 1960. We became good friends after we got into a big fight as kids and I smashed his head into a fence (seriously!).

He served in Vietnam also, Army Intelligence in Saigon.

He lived quite well with CLL for many years but died of its complications around 15 years ago.

Mark was this guy here.

Also, the brother of one of my retired coworkers, who is now a retired cop from Napa CA, was diagnosed with CCL a couple of years ago. He is still doing fine.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Almanac Online - Lasting Memories - Mark Zamen's memorial
Sorry about your friend. The treatment for CLL has changed. It's 6 infusions (like chemo) and then a pill everyday for a year. They've had a 76% cure rate with this treatment. I was doing fine, until it progressed rapidly, so the oncologist decided it was time for treatment.

Back
Top Bottom