New to this Thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dblack25

My name is Dave Black and we live in Hershey Pennsylvania.  My wife and I just bought our first travel trailer, a 2007 26ft Rockwood Ultralight.  Had it out twice so far and, ugh,  we have a lot to learn!  We joined NCSDA (National Camping Square Dance Association) to combine our two hobbies.  We have a few short weekend trips planned this year, but want to take a cross-country trip next summer.

Welcome to the forum. Your 5vr is 9 years old so there's a chance the tires are original. Take a look at the date they were manufactured. Don't just go by the appearance of the tread. If they are 7 to 8 years old, you should think about replacing them. The rubber in tires break down from the inside out especially if they are just sitting.  Also if the tires are ST tires, do not exceed 65 MPH when towing. A tire bowing out at 65 MPH will do $$$$ of damage.

Good morning Dick and welcome to The RV Forum.

You folks are in for some great fun.  You are right there is a lot to learn.  But, with the information available in our library and the willingness of other forum members to help answer questions and provide advice you will get along just fine. 

Join some of our discussions and you will soon have some new friends.

Welcome aboard!

Back
Top Bottom